Roland TD-9KX or 12KX

kkor

I really cannot decide between the two drums.. Money isn't really an issue here. I have been thinking about getting 12kx but I have also heard about some people having High hat issues??.. Have they fixed this problem yet? What are you guys recommendations on which kit is the better of the two.

toddy

Platinum Member
money is no object? neither.

for something comparable money wise, something like this:
https://www.pintechworld.com/shop/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=8

the standard rack mounted hi-hat/foot pedal can easily be swapped out for a standalone e-drum variable hi-hat stand, which will be really nice to play, and will sound good (the only real problem with e-hi-hats is the transition from open/close).

get a used module (e.g. td6) from eBay or buy an alesis trigger I/O and then use it to map drum software (on a PC/laptop).
software wise there is loads, something like BFD, superior, addictive, etc. you can't really go wrong with one of those.
it will sound much better than the stock sounds on a td12 and you can record whenever you want for easy editing on a computer.

if you really have alot of money to spend then i would forget getting a kit that looks like e-drums and get an electro-acoustic. electronic drums that have piezo/triggers under the mesh heads, but have real wooden shells. they look awesome/sound awesome/are awesome.

out of interest are you in the UK? if you are i would recommend a different company than pintech (UK based).