Roland TD-07 vs TD-11

Kenny202

Been pretty keen on getting a used TD-11 kit and just noticed the new price of the TD-07 comparable to a used TD-11? I know there are different levels of accessories and cymbals etc you can get and I can work that out for myself....but as far as sound quality and tweakabillity of the two kits, is the TD07 comparable to the TD-11? Not so much interested in Midi, VST systems or adding to the kit. Just the sounds and individual adjustments for each instrument and ability to save kits I customize myself

electrodrummer

"as far as sound quality and tweakabillity of the two kits, is the TD07 comparable to the TD-11? " .... Go and play them. Get the one you like the most - sound is subjective. Download and read the manuals for "tweakability" settings.

Don't forget there are other manufacturers out there. And units that don't have evil proprietary cable snakes or modelled sounds ;)

Kenny202

"as far as sound quality and tweakabillity of the two kits, is the TD07 comparable to the TD-11? " .... Go and play them. Get the one you like the most - sound is subjective. Download and read the manuals for "tweakability" settings.

Don't forget there are other manufacturers out there. And units that don't have evil proprietary cable snakes or modelled sounds ;)
I wish people would stop making these captain obvious statements. I live in remote Thailand so just popping into the local shop isn't possible. Would rather hear from someone who is or has been a user, but thanks for your reply

electrodrummer

I wish people would stop making these captain obvious statements. I live in remote Thailand so just popping into the local shop isn't possible. Would rather hear from someone who is or has been a user, but thanks for your reply

Should have added that info to your post?

When it comes to sound, as you can understand, it's subjective - some might prefer one over the other - hence my comment. I wasn't being patronising - but it's scary how many people (who have the ability) don't try stuff "guy down the road has a <thing>, what's it sound like?" - or, indeed, have a nose at the manuals for specs.

Good luck in your search.