Roland PD-8 pads and Alesis D4

gibedrums

Greetings to all of you. This is my first post and I would like to ask for advice. I bought used Roland PD8 pads and I connected them to an Alesis D4 unit that I didn't use for a long time. The pads are dual zones while the control unit has 12 mono inputs. I tried to use Y-cables connecting each pad to two inputs of the Alesis but there is no way to reproduce the sound of the rim. The pads are intact because if I connect them to a Roland TD-30 unit with a stereo cable both areas work well. Also if I connect different Roland pads like the PDX-100, PDX125 or PDX-85 to the Alesis D4 with the same Y cable everything works fine and I can assign different sounds to the pad center and to the rim.
This is probably because PDXs and PDs have different circuits and different pickups.
Now I ask you: is there a way to use both areas of the PD8 by connecting them with the D4 unit (for example different cables or something else) or I have to be satisfied only with the pad center without the rim?
Many thanks for the help you want to give me ..

D4 inputs are for piezo triggers. Roland rubber pads are piezo for the head and a ribbon switch for the rim.

Back