Roland announcement on Fri 9th September

supermac

Not totally unexpected, but I'll be a bit peed if that's the case.

It was only last year I paid a lot of money for a TD-30...

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Funny, this morning I woke up randomly thinking, it's been a long time since Roland came out with a new high end drum kit.

spides666

Not totally unexpected, but I'll be a bit peed if that's the case.

It was only last year I paid a lot of money for a TD-30..
Understandable supermac, I've heard some drum retailers have had a wink from Roland and have dropped the price on their high end kits to make room for a 'new' Roland kit!!!!

M

Matt Bo Eder

Don't cha just love technology? That's unfortunately how the cookie crumbles. Would it be rather pointed to ask that's it's no longer the drummer that matters when people are gigging in the electronic kit world? Because it sure seems like it. This is one of the reasons why I like to shoot film cameras. Still.

supermac

Understandable supermac, I've heard some drum retailers have had a wink from Roland and have dropped the price on their high end kits to make room for a 'new' Roland kit!!!!
It was 2015, and I was aware the TD-30 had come out in 2012 - and I remember asking the guy in the drum shop before I signed on the dotted line: "I don't suppose there's a TD-40 just around the corner, is there?"

Still, will be interesting where Roland take it next...

supermac

Don't cha just love technology? That's unfortunately how the cookie crumbles. Would it be rather pointed to ask that's it's no longer the drummer that matters when people are gigging in the electronic kit world? Because it sure seems like it. This is one of the reasons why I like to shoot film cameras. Still.
Never gigged with it. It's my little practice kit, mate - set up in a spare bedroom. Beats your practice pad any day.

Last edited:

spides666

Insert sad trombone sound.
ha ha, you never can tell these days lol....

But I figure the jury is out and the TD-30 for me has years left in it

For me the TD-50 is way overpriced and not a big enough improvement for me to jump