Rogers Londoner on CL. Priced right?

Drifter in the Dark

Silver Member
I'm not a vintage drum expert by any means, but my opinion is that unless they're in perfect condition I wouldn't shell out over a grand for a set of drums (with no snare) that's over 30 years old. It's becoming more and more difficult to find Rogers replacement parts also, so the kit would probably fall under the "never take it out of the house" category. If I paid that much for a set, I'd want something I could get a lot of use out of.

harryconway

Platinum Member
I'd say a "tad" on the overpriced side, yes. But, when selling an item, I think it's always a good idea to ask more than what you "really want". Gives buyers room to lo-ball you, you counter-offer, he walks away with drums, you now have $1500 in pocket, and everyone's happy. It's very apparant on eBay, times are tough, and people are asking "top dollar", also. Many probably, just hoping to get it, and when all else fails, re-list at a lower price. Eventually, common ground is found.

criz p. critter

Silver Member
That kit's been on there a few weeks, I think. I remember seeing this before. So that tells you right there it's overpriced. I think $1800 might have been realistic if it included the DynaSonic. If it's truly in perfect condition, I'd offer him $1500. He probably won't take it though. If that's the case, keep calling him back and bugging him!

gmrakich

Gold Member
That kit's been on there a few weeks, I think. I remember seeing this before. So that tells you right there it's overpriced. I think $1800 might have been realistic if it included the DynaSonic. If it's truly in perfect condition, I'd offer him $1500. He probably won't take it though. If that's the case, keep calling him back and bugging him!
With the snare...maybe price is correct....if you are a Rogers freak and it is really that clean. Rent is due.....offer him $1400.....

RogerLudwig

Thanks to all of you for the feedback. You folks have confirmed what I thought. I'm going to give the guy some more time before making an offer. Especially w/o the snare.