Roger's Dynasonic at GC Brea

shemp

Silver Member
For any of my socal brethren, I was over at the Brea GC the other day picking up some new 747s and they had JUST taken in a vintage Rogers kit complete with Dynasonic snare that looked to be in exceptional condition.

I'm not an aficionado but it looked and sounded great. The snare was tagged at $345 and I believe they will separate it from the rest of the kit.

The kit also came with an old school drummers pedestal from Rogers; with the flip open seat top, etc

If you are a Rogers seeker, this may be a good opportunity to swoop in and grab a good piece.

I cannot attest to quality or originality etc etc so you should go see it first. I almost put my money down on the spot, but my boss was in the car and I was not sure she would tolerate my behavior,,,since there are over 40 snares all over our house :) (and the dishwasher is in mid-fix waiting for an entire new membrane control panel that I have not ordered yet....ee gads)

if complete, and not beat up, a decent price for an oval badge in excellent condition. If 6.5x14, a great price in excellent condition. What color was the set?

Unfortunately I did not look at the kick or rack that close....I was ogling the snare mainly but if memory serves it looked to be a dirty marine pearl....was that a valid color?

The snare was not 6.5" but it did have a unique strainer where the guy was tellng me how innovative it was cause of the isolation from the snare side head....I'm not knowledgeable about those facets.

The snare itself definitely looked to be a true dynasonic and was in excellent condition but the actual snare wires were a little bent up.

It sure did sound really good though even at the walk-in tuning from the seller who was just unloading "grandpas" old kit. I was not there for the transaction so did not get to talk to walk in seller.

White marine pearl aged to a wonderfully yellowed tint..... with a COB Dyna-Sonic, and canister throne, all of that wondrous history. I hope junior got his moneys worth. He got maybe.... three hundred? four? ....... for what would have been nearly a 2K set of drums if condition of the drums equals what you describe of the snare. Too bad people don't take more pride in family.

Back