Rock n Roll song endings

KBadd

Silver Member
A subject dear to me. I love a great rock song with a bombastic ending! Here are 3 of my favorites in no particular order:

Frankenstein by Edgar Winter
Don't look back by Boston
Do you feel like we do? by Peter Frampton (live version)

When we cover a song it must have a great ending. So many times we have to create one because the version we/you hear fades out.

Which do you like and how do you create a great ending to a song?

I think Tool has mastered ending songs.

The Grudge
Vicarious
Schism
46&2
Third Eye
Push It

I completely agree with STH.................................I am more concerned with a major drum part at the end.....I did NOT say that.

I've always like Rush's endings. A few come to mind:

Rush - Subdivisions, Natural Science, Spirit of the Radio, Jacobs Ladder

Price - Purple Rain

Billy Joel - Goodnight Saigon - The snare sounds like distant gun fire.

Not an SRV fan, but the ending to Cold Shot is great, and almost nobody does it right.

How about the bombastic ending of Ted Nugent's Cat Scratch Fever.

Surely the most overdone endings ever were King Crimson's Schizoid Man and LTIA Pt 2. Love the band but I have to turn the music down or off when those endings come in.

But A Day In the Life ... that's an ending I'll happily listen to.

A subject dear to me. I love a great rock song with a bombastic ending! Here are 3 of my favorites in no particular order:

Frankenstein by Edgar Winter
Don't look back by Boston
Do you feel like we do? by Peter Frampton (live version)

When we cover a song it must have a great ending. So many times we have to create one because the version we/you hear fades out.

Which do you like and how do you create a great ending to a song?

Oh yeah when you see a concert and you get the whole 5 minute ending of drums and strumming etc, it is great. Priest do fantastic live endings sometimes, double and tripple barrel. As for Studio recordings Painkiller and Bullet Train have awesome endings (mainly drums too =D)

I always love to play the ending to Led Zep's "Rock and Roll". AC/DC has some great, simple, and yet very effective endings. I practice doing my own endings 'cause you have to stop sometime :)

Yeah.....another one here for the BIG ending. My favorites being the way Chad Cromwel plays (when he's playing with Frampton) the BIG endings. Looks like he's having a blast..........

Back