Rock-Metal Drummers with the Top 20 Most Impressive Beards

It's time to rank the Top 20 Most Impressive Drummer Beards.

The key ranking element is the beard itself, but a strong weighting is given to the drummer's body of work ... Thus, Ringo Starr doesn't always have a beard and it's usually pretty short, but as a member of one of the greatest bands in rock history, he makes the Top 20. Similarly, Dennis Wilson didn't even play on many of the early Beach Boys hits, but what a majestic beard.

Also, we're talking rock drummers here, so we're not counting some of the so-called "Americana" bands that accessorize their 18th-Century coalminer outfits with facial hair.

With all of that in mind, here are the Top 20 Most Impressive Drummer Beards:

20. Mike Portnoy – Dream Theater (37 other bands)

19. Ringo Starr – The Beatles

18. Vinnie Paul – Pantera

17. Jerome “Bigfoot” Brailey – Parliament-Funkadelic

16. John Dolmayan – System of a Down

15. Mick Fleetwood - Fleetwood Mac

14. Levon Helm – The Band

13. Ginger Baker – Cream

12. John Bonham – Led Zeppelin

11. Steve Gadd – Various

10. Carmine Appice -- Vanilla Fudge

9. Sib Hashian – Boston

8. Doug "Cosmo" Clifford -- CCR

7. Questlove – The Roots

6. Bill Ward – Black Sabbath

5. Dave Grohl -- Ghost. Them Crooked Vultures

4. Dennis Wilson – The Beach Boys

3. Artimus Pyle – Lynyrd Skynyrd

2. Tomaas Haake – Meshuggah

1. Chris Adler – Ex-Lamb of God/Megadeth

Last edited:

Ronzo

Impressive list. (y)

Taylor Hawkins - Sass Jordan, Alanis Morissette, Birds of Satan, Foo Fighters and NHC

Fun fact-strange the only member off ZZ Top without a beard is the drummer Frank Beard. :LOL:

Last edited:

petrez

I can nominate this guy as well, Ryan Ahoff, canadian drummer, ex-Annihilator. Maybe not the most impressive beard ever, but he is one of the three metal drummers (Mike Portnoy and Chris Adler comes to mind as well) with a lot of beard that shows up in my head at least when I read the thread title.
554241_9e548.jpg

Last edited: