Rock Is Dead (Full Band Cover)

Living Dead Drummer

Platinum Member
Did another Marilyn Manson cover with LA band DEEP SIX. The song was recorded from the ground up as a faithful recreation of the 1999 hit "Rock Is Dead." In addition to recording Drums & Percussion, I also did all the audio production, mixing, and editing.

NouveauCliche

Did another Marilyn Manson cover with LA band DEEP SIX. The song was recorded from the ground up as a faithful recreation of the 1999 hit "Rock Is Dead." In addition to recording Drums & Percussion, I also did all the audio production, mixing, and editing.

Great drumming - mix sounds great - god bless you guys for trying to look stage cool in your houses.

What are the deets on your kit - looks rad.

Living Dead Drummer

Platinum Member
Great drumming - mix sounds great - god bless you guys for trying to look stage cool in your houses.

What are the deets on your kit - looks rad.
Ha, thanks!!

The kit in the video is a Yamaha Stage Custom with a custom "Blood Spatter" finish they did for me. The shade of red used for the blood is actually the same color as the cymbals!

2x 17" x 22" Kicks
5.5" x 14" Snare
8" x 12" Tom
15" x 16" Floor Tom

Paiste Red Colorsound Cymbals:
14" Colorsound 900 Sound Edge Hi Hats
2x 20" Heavy Crashes
22" Heavy Ride

The kit in the video is NOT what I used to record the song though. For recording I used a Yamaha Recording Custom, with Paiste 2002 cymbals. The Snare was 7" x 14" Brass.