Rock audition this Sunday afternoon!

mrfingers

After Covid fears fired me from my stint of 10 yrs with one band, my other band fell apart due to illnesses(not Covid), and 2 other jams ended due to political differences I’m finally getting another chance to rock out, although missing the big hair band doo. Here’s the audition set list:5D620E88-2FA0-4FF7-B463-43AA0B86E2E8.jpeg

mikyok

Platinum Member
Metal Gods complete with sound effects from Ringo Starrs cutlery drawer.

For those that don't know, British Steel was recorded at Ringo Starrs house.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Platinum Member
the Aldo Nova makes that list platinum!!! Great song

reminds me of coming home from high school back in the day and playing along to all of that stuff and more

I-P

Bill And Ted 80S GIF by IFC

RickP

Gold Member
Couple of things to help .
Write the BPM for each song on your list .
Bring a source to determine tempo (lots of metronome Apps ) and program all the tempos in .
Do not be negative !! Smile and remain positive , be someone that they went to hang with. So many great drummers fail auditions because of the hang .

Bring your own snare , cymbals, bass pedal and throne (I am assuming they have a kit there ). You will feel more comfortable having these items with you .

Ask questions about the songs ( How many solos , do you play at the same tempo as the recording ? ) Ask about dynamics .

Make eye contact ! Watch the strumming hand on the rhythm guitar player and lock in with them and the bass player . If you are not hearing the vocals you are playing too damn loud !!

eric_B

Cool, good luck and rock hard!

moxman

Silver Member
Nice to see so much Canadian content on that setlist. The 80's was a golden era for Canadian rock. Glad to see it still resonates all these years later.
DId you check out the Triumph documentary 'Rock and Roll Machine' streaming on Crave TV? Excellent, hilarious, legendary, dramatic.. I had no idea they were so great - and I saw them once in the 80's at an outdoor festival. Major rock stars!

SomeBadDrummer

Platinum Member
After Covid fears fired me from my stint of 10 yrs with one band, my other band fell apart due to illnesses(not Covid), and 2 other jams ended due to political differences I’m finally getting another chance to rock out, although missing the big hair band doo. Here’s the audition set list:View attachment 119161
Awesome setlist, I am totally envious!!

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Platinum Member
DId you check out the Triumph documentary 'Rock and Roll Machine' streaming on Crave TV? Excellent, hilarious, legendary, dramatic.. I had no idea they were so great - and I saw them once in the 80's at an outdoor festival. Major rock stars!

jealous!!! I wish I would have seen them back then....