Roc-N-Soc Nitro or Manual spindle

Doraemon

Well, spindle stays. Turns out the Nitro GC sold me for store pickup was the demo, not taking it, but at least I could try and cancel. It was of course abused to death, made all sorts of noises and was wobbly, but it did that little bounce, and I found it less supportive that way. It just kept moving. And I couldn't find any nuts to make it stop spinning uncontrollably, so every time I sat down, as my leg hit it, it spun away, and by the time my bottom reached it, it was backwards, lol. I guess I just got imprinted on the first (original) one I sat on, so will keep that one.

My backrest arrived, too, but also not sure about it, can't find a setting yet where it doesn't push me forward, but touches my back. Maybe it's too big or not made for curves. Kinda confused how to use it, really, since I'm in balance when I'm fully vertical, so can't lean back and play heels up. I wonder if people who have one only use it when they're not drumming, or they play heels down? Should I try one from another brand?

wraub

Gold Member
I had round thrones and never felt comfortable- got a saddle Roc N Soc seat with manual spindle, and it's all wrongs made right. I even use it as a chair when I'm not playing.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Well, spindle stays. Turns out the Nitro GC sold me for store pickup was the demo, not taking it, but at least I could try and cancel. It was of course abused to death, made all sorts of noises and was wobbly, but it did that little bounce, and I found it less supportive that way. It just kept moving. And I couldn't find any nuts to make it stop spinning uncontrollably, so every time I sat down, as my leg hit it, it spun away, and by the time my bottom reached it, it was backwards, lol. I guess I just got imprinted on the first (original) one I sat on, so will keep that one.

My backrest arrived, too, but also not sure about it, can't find a setting yet where it doesn't push me forward, but touches my back. Maybe it's too big or not made for curves. Kinda confused how to use it, really, since I'm in balance when I'm fully vertical, so can't lean back and play heels up. I wonder if people who have one only use it when they're not drumming, or they play heels down? Should I try one from another brand?
I’ve never gotten along with the R-n-S backrest for the same reason. My church had a Tama First Chair. That backrest was far more adjustable and comfortable.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member

Good on you for sticking with the spindle. I like the extra give of the nitro, but I once bought one used, and it didn't work out that great because I'm a big dude. The longer I sat on it, the more that it would sink. If I weighed less, it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal. Also, the spindle will never break out on the road.

Well , I was going to go for the nitro but with the equal likes and dislikes here on the spindle or nitro and round vs saddle, I’m gonna have to see who’s got what I’m the shops near me and get my azzzz on some thrones .

If I go with a roc n soc , I’m trying to decide on a color . The black, the tan or the red to go with my star classic bb in molten brown burst. I know it’s all persons but what do you guys prefer with this kit color . Black goes with everything but I’m leaning red and maybe tan for something different
Sorry to OP for a slight hijack .

Oh, also using paiste red label 2002’s.

008AA7BB-9574-46D2-A932-8EE32C5FBB54.jpeg

7D1E19F6-5C9C-4208-B118-9CC2DD956F4C.jpeg

810C1050-F0C9-4B1D-B1AB-CC284D1C2A96.jpeg
688D80D8-9DD8-4E93-BF55-F4A914F50E77.jpeg76FDA041-31C3-460F-887A-E64C87B021C7.jpegPlease post0A514B5A-734E-49CB-8B8C-7986A199D403.jpeg

Doraemon

Well , I was going to go for the nitro but with the equal likes and dislikes here on the spindle or nitro and round vs saddle, I’m gonna have to see who’s got what I’m the shops near me and get my azzzz on some thrones .

If I go with a roc n soc , I’m trying to decide on a color . The black, the tan or the red to go with my star classic bb in molten brown burst. I know it’s all persons but what do you guys prefer with this kit color . Black goes with everything but I’m leaning red and maybe tan for something different
Sorry to OP for a slight hijack .
I'd go tan or black. The red might be a different red (drums look more orange) and you want those pretty drums to be the focus.