Robots

Yamaha Rider

Disclaimer: I DO NOT AGREE WITH HIS METHODS
However Ted Kaczynski (the unibomber) was right. Technology will be the downfall of humankind.

On a lighter note....Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley wrote a fabulous book called "Frankenstein". If you've not read it I highly recommend you do. It is not about a monster. It is truly a sad story of a person who was different and mankind rejected him because of his difference.
Well that is my literary advice this go round. Later folks.

I seen things man, I seen things!

The idea is, if everything can be recreated with a 0 or 1, that includes organics. I dont buy that we are currently the smartest (at any point) in the universe. So based on that and what we know as humans, some other beings surely have digital organics by now. Like create genetic information digitally and build a seed around it that grows into an organic plant/creature/whatever. We aren't there yet.
It is a flaky a newer version of we engineered humans that look like aliens for space flight in future for space travel - they look for intelligent life and find none so travel back in time to earth to try and re-engineer back to human. Explains sex probes and alien hybrid bull crap. I was just ripping the alien tv program how the gods were aliens blah blah blah. The sheer number of planets still doesn’t argue for biological carbon based life with technology- then the time constraints. I’ve never believed in aliens or ghost but the last 10!years had some strange experiences in my old house that has me puzzled. But I’m ripping man. One day I’m going to stream/string all my ramblings into the book I never wrote. It will be one paragraph with 14 years of rambling. And then one day some idiot will read sll kinds of bull crap into it like Nostradamus. LOL. I’m going to be famous . I guess you missed I finally discovered the secret to Gretsch’s silver sealer- spoiler alert it involved aliens-LOL
That's a relief - my ex GF's father is a geologist and civil engineer - and he apparently found Eric Von Daniken's drivel convincing. So did I, but grew out of it by the time I was 16!

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
I think the possibilities of current MRI research into the human brain are awe-inspiring. Advanced meditators have a much larger prefrontal cortex than average people (the part of the brain responsible for impulse control, higher thought, compassion, etc.). What if we could develop a pill that would let you become enlightened, or at least a much wiser/calmer version of yourself?

THAT’S the most exciting thing about technology right now, for me.

Yamaha Rider

If they were intelligent life in universe humanity would be the first thing they destroyed- Earths ultimate super predators are humans. Life flourished for billions of years, with hiccups, then humans in less than 300k turn it into a crap hole.
If they are more advanced than us, they'll probably destroy us anyway: visitations from other cultures tend to have negative outcomes for the natives if earth history is anything to go by...
(And more advanced SPECIES too - pray we get treated better than a poor pig born into a brief life in a dark metal stall in a meat production factory facility, for instance.)

Last edited:

C.M. Jones

What if we could develop a pill that would let you become enlightened, or at least a much wiser/calmer version of yourself?
I tried a similar pharmaceutical once, but the introspective state it induced overwhelmed me, and I became paranoid and soiled myself.

Just kidding.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
"Enlightenment" comes when you quit all the mind altering substances-least that was my experience. I figure enlightenment happens when you die-which sucks cause you can't tell anyone. I prefer being an idiot to enlightenment-that way there are no expectations and who wants a bunch of people waiting for you to say something profound-and if you're an idiot who on occasion does say something profound-well that's a hell of lot more impressive that coming from someone enlightened. Get real.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
If they are more advanced than us, they'll probably destroy us anyway: visitations from other cultures tend to have negative outcomes for the natives if earth history is anything to go by...
Yes but here on earth, enemies quickly become friends to battle even greater enemies that invade their soil.

I'm pretty sure the Taliban and US Military would put their differences aside to fight the ray gun toting purple octopus from outer space.

Once it's dead they can go back to killing each other. Same for every other waring faction across the planet.

Yamaha Rider

Yes but here on earth, enemies quickly become friends to battle even greater enemies that invade their soil.

I'm pretty sure the Taliban and US Military would put their differences aside to fight the ray gun toting purple octopus from outer space.

Once it's dead they can go back to killing each other. Same for every other waring faction across the planet.
Actually - the Founders of the Taliban WERE best buddies in the 1980s when fighting the Russians. The rest is history - or 'blowback' as it's known.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Actually - the Founders of the Taliban WERE best buddies in the 1980s when fighting the Russians. The rest is history - or 'blowback' as it's known.
Oh yeah and our best buds. Then since the 70s one hand of US govt has assisted opium poppy industry in Turkey, Afghanistan, etc. and the other eradicate the fields. It's like a shell game with the issue moving it around. ROFL That happens a lot actually.it seems -I reckon. And that too-a reckon can grow into a "reckoning". Oh nooooo! in my best Mr Bill voice. Makes me think of Cee Lo Green singing Crazy (with Daryl Hall) and then this scene:

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
"Enlightenment" comes when you quit all the mind altering substances-least that was my experience.
Not to rain on the parade, but almost anything you eat/drink/consume can "alter your mind". Even stuff we don't think about much like caffeine, for example, or having low blood sugar.

A great many people would disagree completely and say they found enlightenment through mind alteration, going back thousands of years, as well.

Not to say your experience was false... Probably, "enlightenment" is a different concept, and different journey for us all.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Not to rain on the parade, but almost anything you eat/drink/consume can "alter your mind". Even stuff we don't think about much like caffeine, for example, or having low blood sugar.

A great many people would disagree completely and say they found enlightenment through mind alteration, going back thousands of years, as well.

Not to say your experience was false... Probably, "enlightenment" is a different concept, and different journey for us all.
Oh man I turn into a bear with low blood sugar. I get you what you're saying-you are what you eat and limitations in certain amino acids, etc impact neurotransmitter levels-since precursors. But given that argument and well over 50 such experiences (more like close to 75 or more) I must have experienced "enlightenment" but neither I nor anyone else noticed ROFL. I think one hypothesis for the Oracle of Delphi was hallucinations from Hydrogen sulfide from volcanism.
Anyways I do personally attest those experiences, out of all the other classes of stuff I abused, with helping reset my brain to functionality and out of the clouds-well as much as possible anyways. My son-in-law was telling people are microdosing now with some benefits.
But I really have no idea what "enlightenment" means except historically, cultural, and philosophically but I see it as an appeal for authority fallacy argument. Now I do think our ability to reason and sciences can help us understand reality, as much as the process will reveal and as much as we can likely comprehend it, but I wouldn't call that enlightenment. We are biologically limited. Evolutionary biologists have some really interesting ideas and evidence for thousands of years of cannabis, opioid, alcohol, and hallucinatory compounds from various sources use and I have to wonder how that impacted our species as well as lower animals too. The power of myths (or hallucinations) is they don’t have to be real to influence our behaviors and have real consequences so that makes me more inclined to agree with you and they can alter our reality. (Still not calling it enlightenment per se) So that’s one convoluted argument in final agreement Doc. Thanks Doc I feel enlightened already - I think that’s half the battle. This conversation reminds me of William Hurt in "Altered States" -an awesome movie!

Last edited:

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Well , of course, my scientific curiosity got the better f me and I tried it to see if I could go back in time to assassinate our violent ancestors so now we all be peaceful and less aggressive like Bonobos. Needless to say I couldn’t do it- the Catch 22 of having to violently kill them all.

But I did manage to go back pre- written history to destroy any evidence , to be found by future archaeologist, of all ghe advanced civilizations greater than our own that has deceased. A Herculean feat Which I could have never accomplished without the help of “the Grey’s” and their zap ray in their spaceship.

I think my month off from drumming is taking a toll on me-I got them set up and played a couple times quietly waiting to see if neighbors protest, and wife been working at home. But woohoo she’s leaving to see a kid bad off, it’s middle of day, time to go drum to save what little sanity I got left. I bet when I return I’ll be back to normal with no paragraphs etc. just streaming anddreaming - a great name for my book I think.