Robots

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I accidentally clicked the Members Online tab. I didn't even know I could do this.
20200704_111007.jpg

It took me here, notice the Robot and the Robots tab:
20200704_111038.jpg

Clicking on the tab isolates the Robots:
20200704_111119.jpg

What do these Robots do? It says they are viewing threads. Clicking on them tells me it's a normal thing search engines do to websites for gathering information and they cant be deleted. What info? Are they using the site to gather info on me? Are these Robots the ugly houndogs of spammers used to find like terms for spamming?

Hello, Skynet?...

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I think most internet users eventually become robots. We must be vigilant to maintain our humanity and refuse the simple binary digital world. it's my anal-ogy. Keep analog. First it's a tool then we become the tool. The classic-Man creates monster-then monster realizes it's not the monster man is-so kill the creator. Seems reminiscent of some novels and movie plots LOL.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
I think most internet users eventually become robots. We must be vigilant to maintain our humanity and refuse the simple binary digital world. it's my anal-ogy. Keep analog. First it's a tool then we become the tool. The classic-Man creates monster-then monster realizes it's not the monster man is-so kill the creator. Seems reminiscent of some novels and movie plots LOL.
I think we’re born robots, and become more human as we get older, ideally.

C.M. Jones

We're certainly on a dangerous precipice when the "Brave New World" becomes one in which technology shapes people, rather than the other way around. Smartphones often have dumb users. There's a glaring example.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
We must be vigilant to maintain our humanity and refuse the simple binary digital world.
I have a theory about this. It has to do with a dying planet, finding earth, and lasering digital info onto earth's surface. The digital package contains all the info to start carbon based life all over again using earth as an incubator. I think you get it.

C.M. Jones

I have a theory about this. It has to do with a dying planet, finding earth, and lasering digital info onto earth's surface. The digital package contains all the info to start carbon based life all over again using earth as an incubator. I think you get it.
So when did you buy property near Roswell, NM?

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
So when did you buy property near Roswell, NM?
I seen things man, I seen things!

The idea is, if everything can be recreated with a 0 or 1, that includes organics. I dont buy that we are currently the smartest (at any point) in the universe. So based on that and what we know as humans, some other beings surely have digital organics by now. Like create genetic information digitally and build a seed around it that grows into an organic plant/creature/whatever. We aren't there yet.

johnwesley

Silver Member
Disclaimer: I DO NOT AGREE WITH HIS METHODS
However Ted Kaczynski (the unibomber) was right. Technology will be the downfall of humankind.

On a lighter note....Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley wrote a fabulous book called "Frankenstein". If you've not read it I highly recommend you do. It is not about a monster. It is truly a sad story of a person who was different and mankind rejected him because of his difference.
Well that is my literary advice this go round. Later folks.

C.M. Jones

I dont buy that we are currently the smartest (at any point) in the universe.
I don't either. I've always noted two primary problems with that premise. First, we control the definition of "smartest" and can always adjust it to cling to the view that humans are intellectually unsurpassable. Second, everything we hold to be factual could be inaccurate in light of the innerworkings of the universe, which we can never apprehend objectively. I don't want to slip into deconstructionism, a school of thought that brings a halt to almost any discussion, but the possibility remains that everything we believe to be true could be false. It's a sobering contingency.

Another thing: If we are the brightest beings in the universe, I'm scared. Really scared. Everyone else should be too.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member

'Was the article useful?'
Yes and no. I'm not very computer literate past the few programs I know how to use, and google. So I sorta get it but not really. As long as they aren't invading my phone/laptop I guess I really dont care. That's my only concern, my own personal privacy while using the site.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I find the possibility of life elsewhere in universe highly possible (if can provide a protective magnetic field and possess water-the carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, and phosphate common-and carboniferous meteorites a ready source of building blocks if not. But I don't believe life originated on earth by "abiogenesis" but likely seeded shorty from the small planet that likely crashed into a young earth and formed the moon. I think that planet contained the life seeded to earth. Evidence for life keeps going back further in time, possibly during Hadean period which was hell on earth so not great conditions for life. And molecular clock evidence of genetic code dates it to the earths formation-which predates evidence of life on earth. So the origin of life will remain a mystery. Evolutionary biologist define life from a Last Common Universal Ancestor-which isn't the first life or even address the origin of life-just the last ancestor of alll life of today. The LUCA "is believed" to likely already be a complex organism that eventually gave rise to simpler Archaea and bacteria and then in time more complex eukaryotic cells by gaining the cis-trans Golgi network (that shuffles membranes from plasma membrane to nucleus) and then endosymbiosis of various protobacteria-some photosynthetic ones and an oxidative metabolism one-so forming chloroplast and mitochondria. Crap forgot what I was talking about.
Oh yeah so life possible elsewhere yes and intelligent life-to a degree. To the point of an intelligent life with technology seeking life elsewhere I find the odds of that unlikely. Given the path and time it took with numerous extinction events and climate changes and all the intelligent life forms it took some 4.5 billion years to produce just one seeking life elsewhere with technology. I think Aliens are more likely humans that were genetically altered to be more compatible with space travel- for any really productive space travel to continue humans have to be modified-we just aren't made for long time periods of space travel. All the archaeological evidence seen as alien was our advancements we lost. We already know space travel alters monozygotic twins genetics so obviously even vulnerable at genetic level. Now I think this was likely some time predating written human history-where I think humans may have reached similar pinnacles before but some natural or self-inflicted catastrophe we lost civilizations and digressed-there is evidence of humanity numbers declining to 10,000 or less at least a couple of times. I could see we lose a lot of advancements if the few left were a bunch of dumbasses LOL.Dang I could see that happening again-if the 7.6 billion inhabitants were suddenly randomly eliminated to just 10,000 the odds of us being lost and digressing is highly probable even now. Even if some smart ones survive the dumb ones would eventually kill them because the smart ones have an advantage in competition so if can't beat them with brains beat them with brawn- to death. Explains a lot of written history to.

Last edited:

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Disclaimer: I DO NOT AGREE WITH HIS METHODS
However Ted Kaczynski (the unibomber) was right. Technology will be the downfall of humankind.

On a lighter note....Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley wrote a fabulous book called "Frankenstein". If you've not read it I highly recommend you do. It is not about a monster. It is truly a sad story of a person who was different and mankind rejected him because of his difference.
Well that is my literary advice this go round. Later folks.
Man I read "Frankenstein" in 7th grade elementary school-I was a horror movie and magazine freak-both Creepy and Eerie magazines had great artwork too (it also got me reading more). Anyways it was one of the first books I ever read- I earlier had issues with reading and writing-so reading was first hurdle and since the movie grabbed me the book was beckoning. Which I had no idea what I was getting into and quickly realized I need to have a dictionary to read it because of lofty language and limited vocabulary at time. "Countenance" comes to mind-I always link it to that novel-come on lady just say face. Good writing is fast becoming a lost art-no one cares-heck I don't either at this point-obviously. If you can't beat em join em.