Risen Drums

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
So I recently had my attention stolen by a new (to me, I'm sure they've been around for a while) custom company called Risen Drums.

Just wondering if anyone knew anything about this company, or had any pics of their Risen kits, I'm curios to find out more!

-Jonathan

harryconway

Platinum Member
As far as I know, they're another "boutique" company. Quote from their web site: "Most drums that we make start with 100% American Hard Maple Keller shells." .....

Adam8

They're good drums. Check out youtube videos of Lester Estelle Jr. when he played with the Christian hard rock band Pillar especially the in studio stuff. He plays Risen drums.

MikeM

Platinum Member
My feeling about Risen and Truth is that they are very spendy drums that are just using Keller shells. Not sure why they're so expensive to be honest.

I bought a Keller-shelled kit from a local guy who's been making them for years and it's a fantanstic kit. He charged less than half of what a DW would have been. And it has a very attractive stained/oil finish.

Since then, I've seen these drum builder websites where you can order your own Keller shells in whatever sizes you want (with bearing edges already cut if you want), pick your hardware and do the whole thing (finishing, drilling) yourself. It's going to be essentially the same as these guys kits - it will sound just as good, but won't cost you an arm and a leg.

It won't help to get you into heaven, though, if that's what you're hoping for.

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
They're good drums. Check out youtube videos of Lester Estelle Jr. when he played with the Christian hard rock band Pillar especially the in studio stuff. He plays Risen drums.
yeah that's how I heard about them. Lester Is one of my favorite drummers. Too bad he left Pillar, he was the only reason they we're good IMO.

Too bad, I'm curios as to why it seems so many drum companies on the market seem to just order in shells paint them, and then charge you so much.....sense it makes not.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

-Jonathan