Ringo and Greg Bissonette sitting in with Toto

This is the Ringo All-Starr band with various friends in attendance. Looks like the 2012 edition.

Greg Bissonette has toured with Toto before. He filled for Simon Phillips when Simon was ill. So no surprise he sounds good doing a Toto song with the Ringo band.

Sounds great. Like both Ringo and Greg, Geoff was a one off, so I didn't expect it to sound the same anyway. Still a great version though.

Agreed,thats not Toto at all,it Ringos Traveling All Stars.The only real Toto member there is Steve Luthiker.Greg did sit in with Toto ,but really isn't a member of the band.

Steve B

I don't think that was Ringo at all... it was Bernard Purdie.

Gregg is such an all-around great player. I became aware of him when I saw him playing with the Maynard Ferguson Big Band back in 1978 - his brother Matt played in that band then too. Incredible player - and when I met him years later at a clinic, probably one of the nicest gentlemen walking the planet!

I wasn't surprised to see Ringo playing a straight 8's groove on Rosanna, but I was surprised to see him sitting out the fills - kinda stagnated the two drummer vibe for me. He went missing completely during Black Magic Woman too, apart from chiming in on the mic at the end. Couldn't he at least have joined in on some hand percussion?

They sounded great. Lukather added a little originality.

I saw Ringo's band last night in Boston. Great show, really enjoyed Gregs playing. Nice to hear Santana, Toto, Mister Mister, Todd Rundgren tunes and played so well. Great vocals too.

Ringo was very entertaining himself, loved watching him both up front and on his Ludwigs.

Does anyone actually think John or Paul or George would have done a better job on their respecttive instruments in this band?
None of them were virtuouso' but they made incredible music.

How many musicians were (or are) actually technical virtuousos in this list?
Aerosmith
The Who
The Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
etc
etc

Back