RHYTHM MAGAZINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you actually read your posts back before you hit the 'Post Reply' button?

EDIT: That looked like I was talking to you Andy. Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not. You d
Reading for comprehension died somewhere @1991. The evidence is everywhere, I see it daily.

Edit: this is also why print publications are going the way of the Dodo, no one reads for comprehension and they have the attention span equal to the life span of a fruit fly.
so did respect !

I wasn't speaking of or about you directly @pocket player I was making a general statement in regards to what @Mediocrefunkybeat said.
If you read it and found it personally disrespectful, I cannot control that and it wasn't the point.
A majority of the members here don't fully read things before replying, myself included.

Reading for comprehension died somewhere @1991. The evidence is everywhere, I see it daily.

Edit: this is also why print publications are going the way of the Dodo, no one reads for comprehension and they have the attention span equal to the life span of a fruit fly.

Anywho, based on how printed media has gone with regards in several hobbies outside of drumming I am curious if there will ever be a "high end" drum magazine that steps forward......

We have all seen consolidation in the typical monthly printed model from the past 40-50 years, they went from having good content and some ads to 70% ads and a couple articles with a couple columns and felt very "thin" in the hand.

My other hobbies now have had some "higher end" printed "Journals" for lack of a better term that are spendy and may be only bi-monthly or quarterly but are heavy on content, light on ads (they are there but maybe 15-20% vs 70%) and invest heavily in high quality writing and photography.

I'm not sure if there is a market for something like that with drummers........or if there is it certainly would be niche.

Then again, people were willing to fork over $100 for MD so.........

Anywho, based on how printed media has gone with regards in several hobbies outside of drumming I am curious if there will ever be a "high end" drum magazine that steps forward......

We have all seen consolidation in the typical monthly printed model from the past 40-50 years, they went from having good content and some ads to 70% ads and a couple articles with a couple columns and felt very "thin" in the hand.

My other hobbies now have had some "higher end" printed "Journals" for lack of a better term that are spendy and may be only bi-monthly or quarterly but are heavy on content, light on ads (they are there but maybe 15-20% vs 70%) and invest heavily in high quality writing and photography.

I'm not sure if there is a market for something like that with drummers........or if there is it certainly would be niche.

The only magazine that I've seen able to effectively survive the digital transition without compromising on quality, content and advertising space is 'Sound on Sound', which is a UK-based audio production magazine. It's absolutely brilliant and has never dipped on quality in the 18 years or so I've been (intermittently) reading it. I haven't bought a copy in a while but it really is fantastic.

Absolutely no idea how they do it - but they do.

I haven't really looked for nay magazine subscription in better than a decade. I used to subscribe to find out about new technology, items, developments, etc in the fields I work and play in, but now all that info is readily available online and makes the subscription moot. Then add in all the forums for whatever your desires may be and there's little need for an actual print publication. Plus, save the trees man.

Someguy what does that have to do with asking a question about a drummers magazine ??
I wasn't speaking of or about you directly @pocket player I was making a general statement in regards to what @Mediocrefunkybeat said.
If you read it and found it personally disrespectful, I cannot control that and it wasn't the point.
A majority of the members here don't fully read things before replying, myself included.
It doesn't, but it does go right back to the not reading everything. I clearly explained myself and have quoted it again above for reference.

Modern Drummer: Me: subscriber for twentyfive years - renewed the subscription for over 100$ (Print and archive) and never this year received anything. Heard about the trouble, but taking my money and not making me aware, that it receive nothing.....what's that? At the moment i also can't log in - everything is really really slow and drive me nuts.....

Modern Drummer: Me: subscriber for twentyfive years - renewed the subscription for over 100$ (Print and archive) and never this year received anything. Heard about the trouble, but taking my money and not making me aware, that it receive nothing.....what's that? At the moment i also can't log in - everything is really really slow and drive me nuts.....
I stand corrected: The Sept 2021 Issue (Russ Miller Cover) just arrived today - May 16.2022.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back