RHYTHM MAGAZINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocket player

Would like to know if this is a legitimate drumming magazine ? or a Scam ? ,like the new MODERN DRUMMER MAG, That screwed me out of $100 bucks for a subscription i never received ! Does Anyone subscribe to this mag. ? Do they actually send you a PRINTED COPY ??? . is it a good drummers read ?

Thanks i really miss not getting a hard print drummer mag. every month !! THANKS

Al Strange

Platinum Member
Would like to know if this is a legitimate drumming magazine ? or a Scam ? ,like the new MODERN DRUMMER MAG, That screwed me out of $100 bucks for a subscription i never received ! Does Anyone subscribe to this mag. ? Do they actually send you a PRINTED COPY ??? . is it a good drummers read ?

Thanks i really miss not getting a hard print drummer mag. every month !! THANKS
I haven’t read it in years but it sure used to be legit. Rhythm used to be the UK version of Modern Drummer and was a great read. It featured interviews with all the top and upcoming guys and had a great instructional element with top pros like @Gavin Harrison , Rod Morgenstein and Carmine Appice to name but a few. I can’t remember the last time I saw a paper version.

pocket player

I haven’t read it in years but it sure used to be legit. Rhythm used to be the UK version of Modern Drummer and was a great read. It featured interviews with all the top and upcoming guys and had a great instructional element with top pros like @Gavin Harrison , Rod Morgenstein and Carmine Appice to name but a few. I can’t remember the last time I saw a paper version.
thanks

pocket player

Thanks Andy That solves that !!
Does anyone subscribe to a real good ,old school drummers magazin in the USA ,that they still sell PRINTED SUBSCRIPTIONS and actally mail them to your house !! Thanks

RickP

Gold Member
It appears to be River - Modern Drummer will no longer ship print issues international (totally pissed me off when I read this ) . Drum Head had been shipping out print copies up till the Steve Gadd issue and I have not received one since . I am not expecting to see another issue sadly . Drum Head started out great but it has been slowly going downhill the last few years .

Rhythm Magazine used to be a favourite of mine and I would purchase them every time I saw one at my local Chapters . I really hope they came get themselves organized and back on track .

I personally despise reading magazines on my phone or iPad . I far prefer to have the tactile sensation of a print magazine . I miss the heydays of Traps! , Modern Drummer , Classic Drummer, Not so Modern Drummer , DRUM!

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
YEA ! Whats next NO more Wood ,Use electronic drummer sticks !!! Technology can really suck sometimes !!
Well if you consider the cost to publish, print and mail out a magazine as opposed to creating something digital I can entirely understand why magazines are dying. It's a shame in many ways but the fact that you can post badly-formed sentences on a forum as quickly as you can does rather prove the point.

pocket player

It appears to be River - Modern Drummer will no longer ship print issues international (totally pissed me off when I read this ) . Drum Head had been shipping out print copies up till the Steve Gadd issue and I have not received one since . I am not expecting to see another issue sadly . Drum Head started out great but it has been slowly going downhill the last few years .

Rhythm Magazine used to be a favourite of mine and I would purchase them every time I saw one at my local Chapters . I really hope they came get themselves organized and back on track .

I personally despise reading magazines on my phone or iPad . I far prefer to have the tactile sensation of a print magazine . I miss the heydays of Traps! , Modern Drummer , Classic Drummer, Not so Modern Drummer , DRUM!

Totally Agree Rick !!

pocket player

Well if you consider the cost to publish, print and mail out a magazine as opposed to creating something digital I can entirely understand why magazines are dying. It's a shame in many ways but the fact that you can post badly-formed sentences on a forum as quickly as you can does rather prove the point.
Well if you consider the cost to publish, print and mail out a magazine as opposed to creating something digital I can entirely understand why magazines are dying. It's a shame in many ways but the fact that you can post badly-formed sentences on a forum as quickly as you can does rather prove the poi

pocket player

What are you trying to say !!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
the fact that you can post badly-formed sentences on a forum as quickly as you can does rather prove the point.
Idea no about what you’re talking :unsure:
AND i hope the guy at modern drummer who has my $100 bucks steps in dog crap !
Highlighting Drummerworld’s neutral stance, with not even a hint of mod overreach - crap from other sources is available :ROFLMAO:

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
Do you actually read your posts back before you hit the 'Post Reply' button?

EDIT: That looked like I was talking to you Andy. Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not. You decide!

someguy01

Platinum Member
Do you actually read your posts back before you hit the 'Post Reply' button?
Reading for comprehension died somewhere @1991. The evidence is everywhere, I see it daily.

Edit: this is also why print publications are going the way of the Dodo, no one reads for comprehension and they have the attention span equal to the life span of a fruit fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.