Revisiting some music after 10, 20, 30 years etc.

bearblastbeats

I recently bought a new phone after 5 or 6 years with my old one. Mostly because my wife wanted a new phone and I put her on my plan, and figured... why not?

Anyway... I used to be big into collecting anything and everything under the sun I could get my hands on. Both music and movies. I have a 2 terabyte hard drive filled with music, movies, and TV shows.

I used to have one of those 180g iPods from eons ago but sold it, had a galaxy s9 or whatever and could only fit about 2000 songs on it. So for the first year I did a lot of rotating but got lazy.

So, now with this new phone, I am able to put ALL my music on it and HOLY S%&+ did I have some terrible and awesome music tastes back growing up.

Finding me more leaning towards some grunge stuff like sound garden, stp, and Alice in chains. Even some other stuff like Soulfly and Aveneged sevenfold have piqued my interest. But MAN some of this garbage I would put on here just is beyond me... Yes, I'm old now and can't understand why bands like "Fuck... I'm Dead" , "Gnaw Their Tounges", "Appalachian terror Unit" and probably 200 other gore grind and otherwise grindcore and obnoxious noise/punk bands ever interested me. Sure, I like one Dying Fetus record and one or two Pig Destroyer albums but boy oh boy was this last week a visit down memory lane.

Good times.

someguy01

Platinum Member
Teenagers. We make poor choices that we think are super cool at the time. Our elders knew, and now we do as well.
We also chose music just to piss of the aforementioned elders, and well, a lot of it was bad but served its purpose.

bearblastbeats

Teenagers. We make poor choices that we think are super cool at the time. Our elders knew, and now we do as well.
We also chose music just to piss of the aforementioned elders, and well, a lot of it was bad but served its purpose.
My family and I were driving 3 hours back home from vacation and she made the note of "Why does your music always have to be so fast" lol. She likes most of the heavy metal but I guess 3 hours is too much at one time. 😅

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Man, this happens all the time with me since I got XM radio. I'll put it on a 90s station, and there will be certain songs that come on that I used to love, only to say "Man, this sucks!" after about 2 minutes into it. I hate to admit that it happens more often than not. It actually happened last night on my way home from the grocery store.

C. Dave Run

Silver Member
Pretty much anything I liked then I like now. Some things I hated then I like now. Things I dont like now that I did like then are usually victims of radio overplay.

If this is a metal bashing food fight, I'm going straight to smacking someone with my tray:

bearblastbeats

Pretty much anything I liked then I like now. Some things I hated then I like now. Things I dont like now that I did like then are usually victims of radio overplay.

If this is a metal bashing food fight, I'm going straight to smacking someone with my tray:

not in the slightest. Some metal I put back on here reminds of the good ol days, like Vital Remains and Braindrill. Just some of it is nonsense.

Johnny2u2

I recently bought a new phone after 5 or 6 years with my old one. Mostly because my wife wanted a new phone and I put her on my plan, and figured... why not?

Anyway... I used to be big into collecting anything and everything under the sun I could get my hands on. Both music and movies. I have a 2 terabyte hard drive filled with music, movies, and TV shows.

I used to have one of those 180g iPods from eons ago but sold it, had a galaxy s9 or whatever and could only fit about 2000 songs on it. So for the first year I did a lot of rotating but got lazy.

So, now with this new phone, I am able to put ALL my music on it and HOLY S%&+ did I have some terrible and awesome music tastes back growing up.

Finding me more leaning towards some grunge stuff like sound garden, stp, and Alice in chains. Even some other stuff like Soulfly and Aveneged sevenfold have piqued my interest. But MAN some of this garbage I would put on here just is beyond me... Yes, I'm old now and can't understand why bands like "Fuck... I'm Dead" , "Gnaw Their Tounges", "Appalachian terror Unit" and probably 200 other gore grind and otherwise grindcore and obnoxious noise/punk bands ever interested me. Sure, I like one Dying Fetus record and one or two Pig Destroyer albums but boy oh boy was this last week a visit down memory lane.

Good times.

I’m a HUGE fan of Alice In Chains. Are you near Chicago?

Macarina

Silver Member

Good times.
Cheese and crackers!!!
That made my brain hurt just reading your list, let alone imagining what that sounded like.