Reverse pedals!

AVA

I have a crappy right ankle, something happened many years ago that stopped me playing heal up. I went through hell with self doubt and depression as the thing I loved such had turned to shit.
I've now learned to play with my left foot on the kick and the hats on my right.
Definitely not as technical but way way tighter. After 9 years of not playing my old band had a reunion show and I even played the show, with a metronome. Something I've never done before outside of recording. It was great. Nice n tight..!

20220723_220549.jpg

20220724_110822.jpg

A few pedals got butchered, but this works crazy good! I'm not the best drummer and most of my playing now is just to demo my builds.

I did stick a trick shaft on there... those things are Nasa standard.

Here's a quick vid.

You’re the dude with the snares cut from logs you grow yourself, right? That’s super impressive that you retrained yourself like that and overcame your injury. Sounds tight to me. I like the setup, too, that way you don’t have to go full lefty.

Reactions: AVA
I dig it. I like ideas and innovation.

Have you tried a cable hat?

You’re the dude with the snares cut from logs you grow yourself, right? That’s super impressive that you retrained yourself like that and overcame your injury. Sounds tight to me. I like the setup, too, that way you don’t have to go full lefty.
Hey. No that's not me.
Breaking muscle memory isn't easy, for me at least. The hardest part is playing quarter or eighth note with the hats on the right foot. It just wants to fall into the kick pattern lol....

Hey. No that's not me.
Breaking muscle memory isn't easy, for me at least. The hardest part is playing quarter or eighth note with the hats on the right foot. It just wants to fall into the kick pattern lol....
Sorry…you’re the stave snare guy. Got you confused with another guy. Nice work!

I have a crappy right ankle, something happened many years ago that stopped me playing heal up. I went through hell with self doubt and depression as the thing I loved such had turned to shit.
I've now learned to play with my left foot on the kick and the hats on my right.
Definitely not as technical but way way tighter. After 9 years of not playing my old band had a reunion show and I even played the show, with a metronome. Something I've never done before outside of recording. It was great. Nice n tight..!

A few pedals got butchered, but this works crazy good! I'm not the best drummer and most of my playing now is just to demo my builds.

I did stick a trick shaft on there... those things are Nasa standard.

Here's a quick vid.

overcome.jpg

I went through hell with self doubt and depression as the thing I loved such had turned to shit.

You're the king.

Remember that.

Back