Returning to drumming after nearly two years

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I bet that is brilliant being able to share your passion with your kids, plus lots of quality time making memories together too as a result.

That’s great! I love that

My little one is already showing an insane amount of rhythm (she can copy basic rhythmic parts already at 17 months) and is obsessed with getting into my office and stealing my drumsticks, then running all over the house hitting things.

I’m hoping she takes to the drums when she’s older so I can teach her & I can be her roadie.

Your situation sounds absolutely brilliant.

my dad was my first teacher - he started me playing the drums when I was 3 years old, and it became the #1 thing we had together for life!!! By the time I was 7, I knew I was going to be a drummer for life, and for my career

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
Great to hear you're back behind the kit again. Given your ability I'm not surprised in the least that it took less than one song, you do yourself a disservice! Hope you and the family are all doing well - it's been far too long.

I haven't played since at least October 2019. Bar about five minutes when I was loaning my electric kit to my partner's school so they could do some lessons in a different room! Need to move to Wales so that we can have a big house with no electricity but space for a kit...

Juniper

Gold Member
my dad was my first teacher - he started me playing the drums when I was 3 years old, and it became the #1 thing we had together for life!!! By the time I was 7, I knew I was going to be a drummer for life, and for my career

Ah that’s wicked, great you have your fathers influence as a major reason for your drive and early influence to guide you on your playing career.

Great stuff.

Great to hear you're back behind the kit again. Given your ability I'm not surprised in the least that it took less than one song, you do yourself a disservice! Hope you and the family are all doing well - it's been far too long.

I haven't played since at least October 2019. Bar about five minutes when I was loaning my electric kit to my partner's school so they could do some lessons in a different room! Need to move to Wales so that we can have a big house with no electricity but space for a kit...

Hey Duncan!,

Good to see you on here again. Hope you’re well. Been way too long. How are things mate?

The family are all great. Little one is keeping us busy.

You’re very kind but my playing is mostly just winging it and praying for the best.

I can tell you from this experience that there’s no feeling like returning to the instrument. Can’t beat those endorphins (the blisters again no so much)

Get yourself that big house in Wales and the kit back out again, ASAP! 😉

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
All good here pal, living the IT Support dream and thus continually screaming into the abyss! Pretty happy all told and all is well!

Wish I could wing it as well as you!

Juniper

Gold Member
All good here pal, living the IT Support dream and thus continually screaming into the abyss! Pretty happy all told and all is well!

Wish I could wing it as well as you!

Living the IT support dream? Sure about that? The screaming into the abyss sounds more right!

Glad you’re well mate. Good to see you on here!

I’ve found that all ‘winging it’ requires is a practicing of a good ‘poker face’ to get you though those “ahh I’ve gone and f****k it up again” moments.

And I get a lot of those!

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
Living the IT support dream? Sure about that? The screaming into the abyss sounds more right!

Glad you’re well mate. Good to see you on here!

I’ve found that all ‘winging it’ requires is a practicing of a good ‘poker face’ to get you though those “ahh I’ve gone and f****k it up again” moments.

And I get a lot of those!

Usual stuff. Surrounded by cast-off Thinkpads. Ageing. Hair growing, waist-line expanding, patience shortening...

Juniper

Gold Member
Ah! The glory of drumming!
You're all set so enjoy your new journey!

Thank you ToneT!

Usual stuff. Surrounded by cast-off Thinkpads. Ageing. Hair growing, waist-line expanding, patience shortening...

Whilst I can’t relate to the IT environment I can certainly relate to the ageing, hair growing, waist expanding and patience shortening parts…..