Replacement linkage for DW7000 pedal

telescreamer

Well, I have this DW7000 double pedal, missing the linkage.
I I was looking at a replacement linkage but the original ones seem to cost a lot...
Do you think Is it ok to use one of those "general brand" replacement linkages, for a beginner/intermediate rock and roll music usage?

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I know the standard linkage is expensive (especially for what it is), so I would upgrade to a better linkage. I upgraded to the Trick all bearing one and the slave literally feels identical to the primary. Save the extra pennies and get the better linkage-it makes all the difference in the world!

TJK

Yeah the dw linkage is nothing special, same shitty one everyone else uses. I would follow bo’s advice and look at the trick

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
The Trick driveshaft is worth more than that pedal. I would sell it off and start with something better. If that's not possible, grab the Trick driveshaft and then when funds allow it upgrade the pedal and transfer the Trick DS.

Reactions: TJK

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
The Trick driveshaft is worth more than that pedal. I would sell it off and start with something better. If that's not possible, grab the Trick driveshaft and then when funds allow it upgrade the pedal and transfer the Trick DS.
The 7000 set isn't a bad double pedal. It's pretty identical to the 3000 (which replaced the 7000). I'm willing to bet with the Trick driveshaft, you'll feel both pedals work great. In fact, if you wanted to do a further upgrade, add the Canopus Speed Bearing (the spring and hook connector that brings the pedal back) to both pedals and that thing will fly.

Ronzo

I bought the trick for my 5000.
As BO stated, the trick driveshaft makes your slave pedal feel like main.
I have 2 spare stock linkages.
PM me if interested.

bud7h4

Silver Member
Careful though because there's a Trick shaft for DW and another version for Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, Mapex, and Gibraltar.

Ronzo

Careful though because there's a Trick shaft for DW and another version for Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, Mapex, and Gibraltar.
I do not believe that is correct.
Yes there are trick driveshafts for DW and Trick pedals but the other is a universal fit for Gib, Lud, Map, Pearl, Sonor and Tama.
OP was asking about DW pedal.

bud7h4

Silver Member
I do not believe that is correct.
Yes there are trick driveshafts for DW and Trick pedals but the other is a universal fit for Gib, Lud, Map, Pearl, Sonor and Tama.
OP was asking about DW pedal.
How is that different from what I said? One version for DW and Trick, and another version for most other brands, some of which I listed and others which you listed.

Anyway my point was that if he buys the Trick shaft for DW, and then upgrades the pedal as some advised, he'll want to stick with DW pedals or he'll have a useless driveshaft.

Last edited:

NackAttack

I agree that the Trick linkage would probably be a good investment as long as the pedals are in decent condition. If I was in your situation however, I would just save some more money and get new pedals. Maybe see what you could get out of those to help offset some of the cost.