Replacement hi hat pedal alesis nitro mesh

Mr_F

Hi hat pedal has stopped working on my alesis nitro mesh kit, I cannot find a replacement in the UK. I tried a second hand one from ebay but that was also shot. Does any one know if any other brand that will work with this module? It is a continuous type controller, would Yamaha pedals work with it?
Thanks

electrodrummer

They use different methods to send positional information to the module. Some "might" be coaxed into working. Some might work if you do cable hacks. Some "might" work with some electrical hacking.

It it for this reason, that goEdrum, for example has to make three different GHC controllers for Alesis, Yamaha and Roland.

Mr_F

Ah, so I could get an alesis compatible goEdrum, a real hihat stand and mount the existing hi hat cymbal on that?

iCe

I've used the Goedrum with my Alesis DM10 and it does the job. More natural feel that way as well because of the hi-hat stand.

Mr_F

Taken the plunge and ordered the goEdrum, looks like will take a month to get here.
I managed to get hold of alesis support and they put me in touch with a stockist of the standard pedal, who had one in stock. The phone number they number they gave me didn’t work, plus was over 100 pounds including delivery, which I think is incredibly steep since the whole kit only cost about 300, and the pedal is pretty cack anyway. Seething with frustration I ordered the goEdrum.
I should have listened to all the advice and bought a Roland kit in first place, but didn’t have the funds at the time.

Mr_F

Received the goEdrum controller today, arrived much sooner than expected, took about 2 weeks to get here in the end. Mounted it on a hi-hat stand, plugged it in and it worked straight away!
Only played around with it for about an hour, plugged straight into garage band.
Works pretty well, much better than the alesis controller.
Nice to have the hats move up and down like on an acoustic kit.
It works by the hat pushing down on a little plastic spring loaded nipple thing - it’s a nice action.
Be interesting to see how it holds up after a bit of pounding.
Overall very pleased, about half the price of the alesis pedal - I had a hihat stand but if you didn’t you would have to factor in the cost of it.
But it’s so nice to be playing properly again, you don’t realise how much you rely on the pedal chick of the hats until it it is not there!

crash

Thanks, good thread. This is just what I'm looking for. My Alesis hi hat pedal is giving me fits. It works if I stomp on it heels up, but otherwise will only splash. I like to record my progress, so going to a regular hi hat won't work. I took it apart, but nothing looks out of place. There is a nut missing on one of the screws that attaches the pedal to the arm that operates the trigger. Maybe it flexes, I'll try replacing it first.