Replaced heads with Aquarians last night - go me

Rezn8

Member
So I bought new heads for the studio kit about a year ago, but every time I went to replace them I just ended up tuning the old heads and they were still fine. I’m amazed those old heads lasted so long! They were the stock heads that came with the kit that I bought in the summer of 2006! I’ve never had heads last such a long time. Especially STOCK heads from the factory.

The drumset in question is Taye Studio Maples. The heads came with single-ply coated with the Taye logo on them. The 10” snare and 14” snare came with “Dynatone” heads. The whole kit sounded great and the drums held their tuning well, considering temperature and humidity changes.

The head on the 16” floor tom still sounded great but I decided to re-head the whole kit anyway.

I’ve been using the Aquarian Superkick I set on the bass drum (no muffling) for a while now. Love the way they sound and feel. So I chose Aquarian Studio X clear for the toms and a coated X for the main snare. The 10” snare is still holding up so I left it as is.

The kit sounded great before but now it’s amazing with these new heads. Can’t wait to hear how they sound during rehearsals tonight. Next time we record in the studio I’ll try to post some Mp3 samples. Cheers, Rez
 

wolfmoon

Silver Member
Aquarian makes great heads. I just wish they weren't such a pain to get where I am meaning... the local store stocks about 90 % Remo. The other 10 % is made up of some select Evans products and a few Aquarians. They act like other companies don't exist so I have to order what I want or drive and hour to an hour and a half to NY if I want them on the spot. Store in NYC carry a lot of Aquarians as well as Remo and Evans.
 

joshisaces

Gold Member
So I bought new heads for the studio kit about a year ago, but every time I went to replace them I just ended up tuning the old heads and they were still fine. I’m amazed those old heads lasted so long! They were the stock heads that came with the kit that I bought in the summer of 2006! I’ve never had heads last such a long time. Especially STOCK heads from the factory.

The drumset in question is Taye Studio Maples. The heads came with single-ply coated with the Taye logo on them. The 10” snare and 14” snare came with “Dynatone” heads. The whole kit sounded great and the drums held their tuning well, considering temperature and humidity changes.

The head on the 16” floor tom still sounded great but I decided to re-head the whole kit anyway.

I’ve been using the Aquarian Superkick I set on the bass drum (no muffling) for a while now. Love the way they sound and feel. So I chose Aquarian Studio X clear for the toms and a coated X for the main snare. The 10” snare is still holding up so I left it as is.

The kit sounded great before but now it’s amazing with these new heads. Can’t wait to hear how they sound during rehearsals tonight. Next time we record in the studio I’ll try to post some Mp3 samples. Cheers, Rez
I've got studio-x clears too! :D
I don't like mine, though I've heard them on a lot of other kits and they sounded good.... :(


Maybe I just got a bad batch?
 

wolfmoon

Silver Member
I've got studio-x clears too! :D
I don't like mine, though I've heard them on a lot of other kits and they sounded good.... :(


Maybe I just got a bad batch?
I've watched your videos. I think they sound good. What's wrong that you think there's a problem?
 
Top