Renown Birthday

She's a beaut!

I had a similar post on a guitar forum fo a G&L, and deleted it after being told that "my son looks just like me"..... It was a pic of me in the 90's.

That is a great drum set. Peace and goodwill.

Very rarely in my book should the word mint be used. Your Renowns are absolutely mint!

12 years-it's official-it's a keeper. Nice kit GruntersDad-been taking good care of it. What a coincidence-I've been looking at the Renown's lately.

Very rarely in my book should the word mint be used. Your Renowns are absolutely mint!
I cannot tell a lie. One of the toms, 10 or 12 has a small ding about the size of a BB in it. Other than that just some bass drum pedal rash. But I put diaper cream on that.

I cannot tell a lie. One of the toms, 10 or 12 has a small ding about the size of a BB in it. Other than that just some bass drum pedal rash. But I put diaper cream on that.
John it would serve us well if you developed the ability to lie. Full disclosure is over rated. Your job is to create a favorable illusion for us. The truth just gets right in the way of that. A little more consideration in the future please?

Now the only thing I picture is the BB sized ding, in both the 10 and the 12" toms. I really dug your kit before, but not now.

Tell us what we want to hear from now on dammit! Are you not married?

:p

Super clean kit. The Gretsch Renown, great value.

Hang on to the them another six years and they'll be old enough to vote.

John it would serve us well if you developed the ability to lie. Full disclosure is over rated. Your job is to create a favorable illusion for us. The truth just gets right in the way of that. A little more consideration in the future please?

Now the only thing I picture is the BB sized ding, in both the 10 and the 12" toms. I really dug your kit before, but not now.

Tell us what we want to hear from now on dammit! Are you not married?

:p
Sorry. Only one tom has the ding and it's too small to find at times so I listed both as maybes. Only if I was selling would I lie my butt off.

No doubt - the Renown is one of the best drum sets ever made, and for a very good price. I'm disappointed that Gretsch decided to replace those beautiful cast hoops with the 302s, but that doesn't affect the quality of the kits.

The Renown is one of those "one of these days" kits for me. I don't actively gig anymore, so the likelihood of owning one is getting more and more remote. But if the opportunity ever presents itself, a kit like GruntersDad's Renowns will finally make it home with me.

GeeDeeEmm

Just a photo from 2007. The Renown look as good today as they did 12 years ago when they were new.

I have the exact same kit!

Mine's also minty fresh, but I don't have a third high tom.

Beautiful drums! I'm glad I got mine before they decided to mount the toms on the bass drum.

EDIT: Are the badges the same though? I got to check my toms out.

Back