Removing Paiste 2002 logos w/out damaging cymbal

Roy E. Munson

Can it be done? I have some older 2002's and Giant Beat Re-issues that I would love to relic up and get rid of the logo's. Thanks.

crispycritters

Try wiping the logos with a cloth soaked in petrol (gasoline) or lighter fluid - it will remove the logos fast but leave the protective lacquer coating intact. If you use metal polish it will probably also remove the lacquer coating under the logos.

opentune

Platinum Member
Acetone, apply liberally . Use your wife or girlfriend's fave white towels, they work best and wipe the label. May require more than one application.

G

Ghostnote

Try wiping the logos with a cloth soaked in petrol (gasoline) or lighter fluid - it will remove the logos fast but leave the protective lacquer coating intact. If you use metal polish it will probably also remove the lacquer coating under the logos.
2002's don't have lacquer on them. I don't know of any cymbal manufacturer that actually lacquers their cymbals. Paiste does put Cymbal Protector on them though. You will probably want to reapply it after you have removed the logos. You can get both Paiste Cymbal Cleaner (orange bottle) and Paiste Cymbal Protector (blue bottle) at any music store that sells Paistes.