Removing logos from Remo smooth white heads

vxla

Silver Member
Has anyone had success removing logos from Remo smooth white heads?

Was interested in using one as a front-side bass drum head, but they're expensive and hoping someone has done it already before I buy one.

Thanks.

There's a ton of videos on the subject on YouTube. In this one, the author uses Goof-Off graffiti remover.

Nail polish remover works great. And a few drops are all you need, so you can buy the smallest quantity store-brand stuff at any drugstore for around 99 cents or so. Just make sure it has acetone, as I don't think the non-acetone versions work for removing drum head logos.

I have straight acetone from Home Depot. It will take ink logos right off of clear or smooth white heads.

Remo has begun imbedding the logo directly into the film on the Colortone heads...I don't know if new smooth white heads have that "feature" too, but if they do then nothing will take that off.

s-l300.jpg

manu logos since 1940
since calfskin
point of pride
heads with no name
questionable

--lao Tsu Zeng 1323

" you want to remove a logo? just put it out of your mind soldier"

- - General MacArthur 1943 Pacific Islands

Last edited:
Nail polish remover works great. And a few drops are all you need, so you can buy the smallest quantity store-brand stuff at any drugstore for around 99 cents or so. Just make sure it has acetone, as I don't think the non-acetone versions work for removing drum head logos.
I've tried pure acetone to remove some nasty gunk from an otherwise alright coated Remo head and it removed all of the coating with a few rubs, rendering the spot clear. Maybe nail polish is not as aggressive when the acetone is diluted or it just works better with a smooth white head, but I'd like to advise some caution.
* On second thought, it could have also been a combination of the duct tape residue and the acetone that caused it for me.

I've tried pure acetone to remove some nasty gunk from an otherwise alright coated Remo head and it removed all of the coating with a few rubs, rendering the spot clear. Maybe nail polish is not as aggressive when the acetone is diluted or it just works better with a smooth white head, but I'd like to advise some caution.
* On second thought, it could have also been a combination of the duct tape residue and the acetone that caused it for me.
The acetone nail polish remover is for smooth heads only, not coated or Fiberskyn or whatever. I used it on a Remo Ebony PS3 and it worked perfectly. It would also work perfectly on a smooth white head.

I've used acetone-based nail polish remover on Remo Smooth White logos just fine.

I once used Wite-Out correction fluid to cover the logo on an 18" Remo Coated BD front head, which I found out the hard way is several shades whiter than the coating. I had this awkward blob where the logo was.

After panicking, I went all out and painted the rest of the head with the Wite-Out using a pattern that kept a unified diagonal grain. The stuff is like water going on and dries thin and a little bit flakey, but not thick enough to alter the sound. The visual effect was like having a rice paper front head and I didn't have to ditch the head or figure out a sticker or something. One bottle of Wite-Out will exactly cover an 18" head, just in case you ever get asked this question during bar trivia.

Yup acetone nail polish remover for Remo.

Removing the logo from an Evans 56 calftone? Rotate it and cut the port hole out where the logo is. That thing doesn't come off for anything.

Back