Remo or Evans?

Jsk36

Ok, hopefully one of my last threads about drum heads!

But now I need to choose either Remo or Evans. I'm just attempting on getting different opinions before I make a buy.

For this set (i know it's not that great) http://www.tama.com/history/history_detail.asp?i=121
It's the model on the bottom left corner.

What would be a good combo just for rock/alternative, either:

Remo Coated Ambassador, or Emperor on top.

Clear Ambassador, or even coated ambassador for resonance.

or

Evans G2 coated, or G1 coated on top

Evans G1 clear, or G1 coated for resonance.

If anyone could give me their personal opinion for these combinations for my set, I would HIGHLY, highly appreciate it.

I prefer evans and like i said before...try G2 clears over G1 clears...and please dont make three threads about the same topic....just bump up your first one by asking a new question we will help you out as much as we can

I would try one head of each on the smallest (10 or 12) tom first, and see which combo you like better.

That way, you can really fiddle with it, find out what you like and don't like before you invest money in a set that you may not like.

I have found that if the smaller drum sounds good, then the others will too.

Good luck!

I have some clear G2's over my stock Grestch heads and I think there a little to resonant for my taste but for alternative I think they'll be good, overall good heads but I think next time I go with coated.

Also look into Aquarian if you get a chance. They are also very consistent heads and have equivalents to both Emperors and G2's.

Look into the Super 2's or Response 2's

I use Evans G1 coated for top and resonant on a TAMA Rockstar and it sounds great. I really recommend trying it.

If you are a heavy hitter I recommend 2 ply heads, they will hold up much better.

Asking our opinion here is just that, drum sound is subjective. What I love you may hate. You need to experiment and figure out what you like.

If you are a heavy hitter I recommend 2 ply heads, they will hold up much better.

Asking our opinion here is just that, drum sound is subjective. What I love you may hate. You need to experiment and figure out what you like.

He's right, it's very subjective and different heads compliment different drums better. My Keller set has Evans G2 clears over G1 clears. my other 2 kits I use Remo emporers or ambassadors clear.

Thanks for some of the help guys :), now I just need to either pick coated or clear.

Back