Remo Logo Changes

NerfLad

Silver Member
Anyone noticed that the Remo logo underwent some "modernization"? I noticed it today when I put a 12" head on a new aux snare. The words "Weather King" and the tuning forks are now absent, and the logo has been inflated by about 10%.

I like the clean-ness but I think it is a little big.

Attachments

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
I noticed that too. I completely agree with you, and I think it's almost approaching Sabian sized silliness in terms of how much real-estate the logo takes. Just my opinion.

-Jonathan

Road Bull

Silver Member
I like the old look as well. That was always a turn off for using Evans heads for me. Their big logo felt like my drum was wearing a big Nike Swoosh or something. I could do without that. Twenty years from now the logo will take up the entire head surface.

If it gets any bigger, I will start charging Remo for advertising.

BertTheDrummer

Gold Member
I have to admit I like the classic look better as well. It seems like everyone has gone this way though, Aquarian's logos seem bigger as well.

D

drumming sort of person

Holy cow, you're right! They're HUGE now. Next time I put on some clear ambassadors I'm going to take the logos off with acetone. Not so easy with the coated heads though.

KarlCrafton

Platinum Member
Evans (after D'Adarrio), and Aquarian logos were always big, and (IMO) UG-LY.
D'Adarrio's recent change of the Pro-Mark logo was D.U.M.B. Their font is just generically ugly. No style to it at all from a design point (again IMO). One day, they may just change the name and loose the bands too...

Remos logo is a little big, but, less busy without the small, round, "even tune film" or "true tune film" logo or whatever it was under everything.
If it was a little smaller, it would be great, but it's still looks better than the Aquarian and Evans logos IMO, but if those other heads had the sound I wanted, I'd use them, even though I didn't care for the logo.

I wish cymbal companies would use smaller logos too.
It's SO easy to see or find out what an artist is using today with company AND artist facebook pages, websites, etc... just stupid easy. Promotion on social media is just endless, almost daily bombardment with certain artists. Good to a point, but, it gets easy to just block it out after a while and not pay attention.

BertTheDrummer

Gold Member
One day, they may just change the name and loose the bands too...
Possibly. D'addario took over Rico Reeds a while back and now your seeing D'addario more and Rico less. They've already gone to ProMark by D'Addario. I guess only time will tell.

It's SO easy to see or find out what an artist is using today with company AND artist facebook pages, websites, etc... just stupid easy. Promotion on social media is just endless, almost daily bombardment with certain artists. Good to a point, but, it gets easy to just block it out after a while and not pay attention.
Though that's why they've done it. It's because of YouTube and videos and stuff, they want people to be able to watch a YouTube video and see "Oh I can see they are using _______ brand." I remember an interview with a drumstick company (I don't remember which) but they were talking about how they redesigned their logo placement because of visibility.

drumhammerer

Silver Member
I thought this was the logo used for the endorser heads? The recent logos have all been huge, but the absence of the "weather king" label used to signify endorser heads. I haven't seen this logo on any of the recent new heads I've gotten, only on a couple of used ones from a studio.

Acidline303

Remo's crown is so widely ingrained to the target market's consciousness that it seems to insult the intelligence of our perception for them to increase the size of the branding on their heads. Especially the text. I think that goes for Sabian too.

I'd find it a much bolder statement of confidence if they went full on Nike and just did a small 1" crown on the heads with nothing else but maybe small silver matte text to indicate the series. Drummers are still going to watch that performance clip and understand whats being used.

porter

Platinum Member
I like the old look as well. That was always a turn off for using Evans heads for me.
Remos logo is a little big, but, less busy without the small, round, "even tune film" or "true tune film" logo or whatever it was under everything.
If it was a little smaller, it would be great, but it's still looks better than the Aquarian and Evans logos IMO, but if those other heads had the sound I wanted, I'd use them, even though I didn't care for the logo.
Remo definitely has the best-looking head logo, the crown is a great design. Aquarian can't figure out how to make a wordmark (and I can't blame them with that name), and I'm continually shocked that the Evans logo has persisted, especially now that its 2000-era busy oval has been interrupted by the crazy dense Level 360 By D'addario thing. But I still like the heads, s o o o o .

D'Adarrio's recent change of the Pro-Mark logo was D.U.M.B. Their font is just generically ugly. No style to it at all from a design point (again IMO)
Better to be simple and attractive than to look like the first draft of a tech support website from the 90s. It is a basic big sans, but I wish Evans and Puresound would adopt it rather than the ridiculous travesties they have right now.

I'd find it a much bolder statement of confidence if they went full on Nike and just did a small 1" crown on the heads with nothing else but maybe small silver matte text to indicate the series.
That would be gorgeous, though Remo being Remo, I don't imagine they'll be making any substantial changes for quite a while.

The Future presented for you Today.
Did someone say "unnecessary logo size"?

BertTheDrummer

Gold Member
I do prefer the old logo as well and I agree that Remo has one of the nicer looking logos. I kinda wish they would just go with this look for everything... proof they can do a small logo.