Remember when?

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Remember Hannah Ford? I remember reading so many threads here and elsewhere that just trashed her. I thought she was a great player and then when she got the gig with Prince, everybody stopped talking about her. I wonder what happened there?

Anyway, I thought this might re-trigger some of you. Here she is behind Neil Pearts ’ Slingerland drumset, Chromey.

13A02D50-85BE-433A-9218-6C1366A7FD0D.jpeg

harryconway

Platinum Member
She's now Hannah Ford-Welton, and her and her husband Joshua (co-produced 3 Prince albums) are doing Christian Ministry related stuff now.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
there is a whole lot of "Shut Up" in reality...

and the reality was that she ended up on top of the game

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
My guess would be ..... kinda hard to slam someone who reached that level of sucess. But internet "warriors" are a strange breed.
I concur because there’s plenty of hate to go around for other well-known people. People bash Buddy all the time. There was a lot of hate for Keanu Reeves, but he was everywhere. And Phil Collins - talk about a guy who was in everybody’s face 😉

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
First time hearing the name. Just started reading about her after seeing Bernhard's post, pretty impressive!

Thanks for the great pic. Bo.

Last edited:

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
First time hearing the name. Just started reading about her after seeing Bernhard's post.

Thanks for the great pic. Bo.
And she's a really good player too. Apparently she studied music and drumming in college with Paul Wertico, who was Pat Metheny's drummer after Danny Gottleib left the band. It could be a case of female YouTube drummer being frowned upon because part of their popularity is the equally sexist "she's great for a girl" response that seems to up their channel views and whatnot. But I generally just see musicians as musicians - you either play well or you don't.

Superman

Gold Member

Here is an interview with her done by Sweetwater. Nick looks like he just woke up hung over and threw on clothes that were stuffed in a ball for a month.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
I've run into her a few times when she was younger, and her dad Dave was with her. Both nice folks, and I was very happy for her when she got the Prince gig. .

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
It's cool that she and her husband are doing stuff. My question was why people stopped slamming her when she got the Prince gig.
If I recall, the one slamming her the most on here was a female drummer, who stepped posting on here not longer after that. 😅

I do recall questioning what she had done to earn so many endorsements before getting a high-profile gig, but that certainly became a moot point quickly. I certainly didn't question her talent.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
If I recall, the one slamming her the most on here was a female drummer, who stepped posting on here not longer after that. 😅

I do recall questioning what she had done to earn so many endorsements before getting a high-profile gig, but that certainly became a moot point quickly. I certainly didn't question her talent.
I remember that person! But I’ve come across some males who didn’t like her for one reason or another. It’s funny how she didn’t get the same kind of respect Emmanuel Capplette or Anika Niles did before she got the big gig.

JimmyM

Platinum Member
I never heard of her till she got with Prince, but some folks just don't rise to a major level for some reason or another. Like who would have figured Nandi Bushell would end up being the biggest drummer in the world? At least till last night :D

heartbeat

Why in the world would anyone trash her?? She's a great player. One year I saw her walking around the Chicago Drum Show, pushing her first child in a stroller. It was very sweet.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
My question was why people stopped slamming her when she got the Prince gig.

I think it has nothing to do with her opinions/controversy and has everything to do with how short people's attention spans are. Naysayers simply moved on to something else.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
I think it has nothing to do with her opinions/controversy and has everything to do with how short people's attention spans are. Naysayers simply moved on to something else.

which also proves that generally, what naysayers have to say is as fleeting as the wind....

spelman

I had almost forgotten about her.