Released a New Single

mattgallettidrums

Hi guys- On Friday, I released a new single with my jazz group. If you are interested in checking it out, search for "The Matt Galletti Band", and the single is "We'll Meet Again" (I also have my EP from last year out there). It is on all the digital streaming and download sites.

The setup for the recording, done last year:

Yamaha BCA kit, 18-12-14
Sugar Percussion Yellow Cedar 6x14 snare
Zildjian K Con and Crash of Doom
AEA Stereo Ribbon and FET 47 on the kit

I very much hope you enjoy and if you do, feel free to tell your friends!

NouveauCliche

Hi guys- On Friday, I released a new single with my jazz group. If you are interested in checking it out, search for "The Matt Galletti Band", and the single is "We'll Meet Again" (I also have my EP from last year out there). It is on all the digital streaming and download sites.

The setup for the recording, done last year:

Yamaha BCA kit, 18-12-14
Sugar Percussion Yellow Cedar 6x14 snare
Zildjian K Con and Crash of Doom
AEA Stereo Ribbon and FET 47 on the kit

I very much hope you enjoy and if you do, feel free to tell your friends!
Links to make things easy mode would be super appreciated.

I tracked it down - sounds good - I really like that swampy second line vibe.

Just curious - did you guys record to a click? Any live vids etc?

Thanks for sharing!

mattgallettidrums

Links to make things easy mode would be super appreciated.

I tracked it down - sounds good - I really like that swampy second line vibe.

Just curious - did you guys record to a click? Any live vids etc?

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much for listening, I should have mentioned that the link in my profile below should get me there. I come from a forum where doing this stuff is somewhat frowned upon, so did not want to appear spammy by any means.

We did not record to a click, we were all in the room together recording live, and only had the organist's leslie in an iso booth. Super minimal mics and tracking, and very little mixing. All AEA and Royer Ribbons, with a Fet 47, and all DW Fearn preamps at a friends studio. He mixed and mastered my latest single, but Nate Wood mastered the EP from the same session last year.

I did not have any videos from the session, unfortunately, but plan to for the next album, which I am writing a ton for now,