Recording

MK636

Trying to find a decent audio/video recorder, something like the zoom products or equivalent. I know they no longer have the ZoomQ3HD, Any recommendations?

Thanks

What about the new Zooms? I don't know if they have the Q2 anymore, but I know they have that one that looks like a small camcorder that supposedly does very good audio as well.

I have the q8. Really dig it. Very good audio from stock xy mic, plus two additional mic/line inputs make doing live recordings painless. If you are good with a daw, it's particularly good. Get a 64 gig card, and you'll have hours of video with separate audio tracks to mix later.

My band mate uses the 16 track all-in-one recorder, with great results also. That is a great way to go if u want the channels.

I have the q8. Really dig it. Very good audio from stock xy mic, plus two additional mic/line inputs make doing live recordings painless. If you are good with a daw, it's particularly good. Get a 64 gig card, and you'll have hours of video with separate audio tracks to mix later.

My band mate uses the 16 track all-in-one recorder, with great results also. That is a great way to go if u want the channels.

I concur. I have the R16 multi-track, and it isn't half-bad. It is kind of a drag that you can only use TWO condenser mics at a time (it only has two phantom-powered inputs), but there are workarounds if you have more condensers than that. I have a GoPro but need to check out that Q8.

Homerecording.com has an excellent Drums and Percussion section that can answer these questions really well.
There's a bunch of places. But I meant more here. There's more and more topics on the subject, many of them the same, and they're strewn about multiple subforums.

Thanks for the input. I'm a recording rookie. Although I would like to learn the in's and out's of mixers, multi tracks, etc. I think I will stick with Zoom, maybe the q4.

Back