Recording E-drums

Mr. Serpent

I'd like to record some audio of my playing, but I'm not quite sure how. I know I could hook the brain up to some speakers and then record what comes out...but that just seems very ametuer and I should be able to do better with an e-kit.

Can anyone give me any advice? I can provide pictures if necessary The available ports are: MIDI out, two output ports (L and R), aux in, and a headphone jack.

This may seem obvious to some but I have no idea, any help is appreciated.

You have two options

1. record audio, plug the output of the brain into an input device to your recording system,
2. record midi. you will need a midi interface to your recording system.

The MIDI is easy to manipulate and change sounds. If you do not have multiple outputs like on the Roland TD-10 or TD-20 the midi will allow you to edit tracks individually after recording.

I personally record audio from my TD-20 but that again is because I have enough outputs to give me individule tracks.

You need to look into your recording system and figure out how to use it. This is the variable here, MIDI is a standard so it will be the same from device to device.

Ah, thanks both of you.

I worked out how to do it, I just need to find either a headphone splitter, or another one of these Male/Male headphone jacks (not sure what they're called), so I can actually hear what I'm doing as well.

Otherwise, it works, thanks.

Back