Recommended Metronome?

Migaluch

Whenever i practice, i usually don't play to a metronome, and when i do, it is a cheap one off of my ipod that i got from iTunes. The ipod metronome is usually more work than its worth for me, so i have decided to get a real one.

I think the smart thing to do would be to ask you guys. What metronome would you recommend that is quality but is not too expensive? I don't want to make the mistake of going out and buying a metronome that i don't like because its garbage or something. Also, a headphone jack would be nice- im not sure if ALL metronomes have one or not.

Thanks.

dpk204

I've had a Dr. Beat DB-88 for 10 years. It's overkill for me honestly. Just buy a Boss DB-30C. It's all you will need and it's more portable.

720hours World Record

Whenever i practice, i usually don't play to a metronome, and when i do, it is a cheap one off of my ipod that i got from iTunes. The ipod metronome is usually more work than its worth for me, so i have decided to get a real one.

I think the smart thing to do would be to ask you guys. What metronome would you recommend that is quality but is not too expensive? I don't want to make the mistake of going out and buying a metronome that i don't like because its garbage or something. Also, a headphone jack would be nice- im not sure if ALL metronomes have one or not.

Thanks.
I have many metronomes, the best inexpensive one is Planet Waves Full-Function Tuner and Metronome >> Item model number: PW-CT-05 >> 37 bucks online.

It truly is a "packed full of options" metronome, the LEDs are bright and quality is great.

skreg

I've been using a Korg BeatLab for about a year. It's great - it has all kinds of great subdivisions, you can make custom combination chains (say, eight sixteenth notes followed by six triplets, like you see in Stick Control). The headphone jack is very, very, very loud, but the speaker is not.

The thing is - if you saved $50 more than the BeatLab you could get a pretty nice drum machine.

-sheldon

Malti

I use a cheap metronome that doesn't play in stereo through ear buds or isolation headphones. Hence I can't hear it over the drums. I just run that sucker through my pa system and crank it up. Problem solved.