Recommendations: Low lag Bluetooth transmitter Brain > BT headphones

riastradcata

Hi,

First time poster. Couldn't readily find this topic discussed already (but no doubt it's on here somewhere), so....

Anyone got any recommendations for zero (really low more likely) lag Bluetooth transmitter from Roland TD-15 brain to BT headphones? Headphones are Sennheiser, so should be pretty decent.

Cheers.

Unfortunately Bluetooth is laggy, there's no getting around that. It's unavoidable and baked in. Even if you "minimize" the lag, you're probably still talking about at least 50-100 milliseconds on a good day...and that's already way too much for e-drums IMO.

You're better off going with wired headphones.

At best you will experience 32ms of latency with bluetooth but typically is is more likely to run 100-300ms. You are pretty much out of luck at about 25ms.

Thanks folks. Yeah, any lag is too much lag really. Especially since I play some jazz and (hopefully) precision stuff with a bit of flair.

Use a wire. Not like you're running around.

If you *really* want wireless use analogue.

Forgot this bluetooth idea. I tried a lot of high end, low lag bluetooth transformers... Nothing worked. Litterally unplayable.

Nothing like good ol’ RF if you absolutely need to be wireless. I thought I could just stay wired for shows, but that’s a hassle when you walk on stage and don’t have time to put your in-ears in, so ive had to go wireless. I use the Uvive4 system, but that only runs in mono. But a lot of RF systems in the analog world can run in stereo.

Back