Recommend med-weight snare stand for 15” drum

bongoman

Currently I’m using a Ludwig Atlas Classic for my bigger diameter snares, but the way the arms are positioned, one of them pokes into my leg. I’ve tried a few others but always had some little complaint or another, like the basket adjustor slipping.

Can you recommend a stand that will for sure hold a 15” snare, that is neither super heavy duty nor as flimsy as the Tama Classic, where you have given it the torture test and it earned a thumbs up?

TK-421

Yamaha 700 series snare stand. Medium weight, simple design, gearless tilter and sturdy as hell. I’ve never tried a 15” on it, but there’s lots of extra room with my 14” snares, so I’d be surprised if it couldn’t comfortably hold a 15”.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Yamaha 700 series snare stand. Medium weight, simple design, gearless tilter and sturdy as hell. I’ve never tried a 15” on it, but there’s lots of extra room with my 14” snares, so I’d be surprised if it couldn’t comfortably hold a 15”.
Agreed - great stand for the money, & I've accommodated a 15" snare on one before. Easily works with wood hoops on 14" snares too. 15" with wood hoops might be a stretch.

All that said, buy a Yamaha SS950, & never need to buy a snare stand again.