Random Thoughts II

Just doing a bit of "housekeeping" by getting rid of some old PM's to make some room. Found an old PM from Tamadrm while I was at it.

It gave me a giggle......and it made me sad.

I really miss that guy. I would have liked to have met him. He was a riot.

Just doing a bit of "housekeeping" by getting rid of some old PM's to make some room. Found an old PM from Tamadrm while I was at it.

It gave me a giggle......and it made me sad.

I really miss that guy. I would have liked to have met him. He was a riot.

He was a lark. For me funniest was his replies to the thread where a homeless guy was looking to get a new drum kit in the 'right sizes' to carry around. im pretty sure the OP was not truly homeless but Steve gave him the goods.

Well dang it!!!!! My wife and I were celebrating our 30th anniversary this past week hitting the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone and then shot over to S.Dakota to check out Crazy Horse and Rushmore before we returned to Georgia. While waiting in line at the Airport I was looking at all the bands at nearby Sturgis (and remiss we didn't think to plan to hit it), and low and behold I noted that very Saturday 13th we were missing Weird Al Yankovic . I told my wife how bummed I was missing seeing them And a hopeful chance to try and meet Bermuda. I wish I had noted them being there and so close I would have planned to stay longer and see the show before returning. I would have loved to buy Bermuda his favorite "beverage" and just say hello. I bet it was a wild show. Dang it!!

I learn foreign words in the shower by comparing ingredients written in a few different languages.

Symphony Orchestra's are really big tribute bands.

Went to the middle school band concert last night. Grandson is in 6th grade and has been playing trumpet for 8 weeks now. The whole 6th grade orchestra was hurtful on the ears, but I was proud as punch.

The 8th grade orchestra had a big bass drum - I mean BIG. It must have been 42 inches (100 cm) in diameter. It made the whole gymnasium thunder when they struck it. And they didn't have to hit it hard, just a gentle thump with a fuzzy mallet. Awesome!!

What's German for butt strap? Surely you have one of those in your shower?

If you bother to look it up, German for butt strap is Stroppe der Duncan.

Sorry man but you set yourself up so good, it would have been wrong to not take it :)

Went to the middle school band concert last night. Grandson is in 6th grade and has been playing trumpet for 8 weeks now. The whole 6th grade orchestra was hurtful on the ears, but I was proud as punch.

The 8th grade orchestra had a big bass drum - I mean BIG. It must have been 42 inches (100 cm) in diameter. It made the whole gymnasium thunder when they struck it. And they didn't have to hit it hard, just a gentle thump with a fuzzy mallet. Awesome!!

The 48" version of this drum got me kicked out of HS Band. My teacher was easily annoyed. I would get the head moving back and forth with my fingers enough to get a low rumble going, more like a wooomf...wooomf. It drove him up a wall and he thought the HVAC system was having trouble and notified maintenance. This went on for weeks and one day, I got busted!

It's the only time I actually and literally got kicked in the @$$ by a teacher and thrown out of a classroom. Oh the law suits today....Anyway, I was promptly marched to the principals office, where there was much thought about expelling me. I was allowed to return to school, but band was no longer an option. Sadly, I missed out on a ton, due to that move, but those big bass drums make me relive that event. It still makes me smurck thinking of it.

Reminds me years ago of a woman I was dating. She would call an "orange an orange" but the "color" was pronounced "urnge".

My wife had a roommate in college that would say it "Arrnj". I think she was from Vermont.

The one that I thought was odd at first was how my wife's family calls the last meal of the day "Supper". I think it's a southern thing.

Do the English also call it supper? I have been watching these Youtube videos made by these English musicians and they keep saying "Reckon"...I thought that was a Southern American thing. language is weird.

Back