Random Thoughts II

It's just gone 6:00AM. I'm wondering how the hell I'm going to fit 30 hours of work in before my kids & partners descend here for fireworks & fun at 6:00PM.

Prepare for LDS or have family fun - prepare for LDS or have family fun. Ah sod it, I'm gonna set fire to stuff!!! :)

Blues trio played our for 1st time at a local Bluesfest last Saturday. We killed it, packed dance floor. We were so elated we gave back to the organizers our performance fee.....the generous blues-ers we are.

Blues trio played our for 1st time at a local Bluesfest last Saturday. We killed it, packed dance floor. We were so elated we gave back to the organizers our performance fee.....the generous blues-ers we are.

Very cool Louis. A packed dance floor is completely gratifying, right? Why on earth would you return your fee though? I don't get that part. I'd have given it to the dancers if I wanted to be charitable. You guys must have been in a REALLY good mood lol. But nice going, and very generous too.

Is it just me, or does squandering money on random and utterly useless articles much much more enjoyable than buying useful things?

Is it just me, or does squandering money on random and utterly useless articles much much more enjoyable than buying useful things?

It's just you. There are few things more enjoyable, or more useful, than new gear.

Can I just say how good it feels to be back? Getting a kick checking out the threads and trying to get up to speed. Now what can I stir up? ��

Can I just say how good it feels to be back? Getting a kick checking out the threads and trying to get up to speed. Now what can I stir up? ��

Pfftttt!

[irony]

Girls! Nothing but trouble makers!

[/irony]

Welcome back Mary! Nice to "see" you again.

During this most-dreaded time of the year, I think it's appropriate that we all pause and take the time to wish each other the most painless experience possible under the circumstances.

To which part of the body does one apply Cologne? A very lovely female acquaintance of mine bought me some for my birthday (not sure if it was a jab at my body odour) and I have no clue where to put the stuff or how much to use..

And Happy New Year to all of you people

To which part of the body does one apply Cologne? A very lovely female acquaintance of mine bought me some for my birthday (not sure if it was a jab at my body odour) and I have no clue where to put the stuff or how much to use..

And Happy New Year to all of you people

Between yer breasts, I was told

There are few social situations worse than being trapped near someone who wears cologne or perfume. The stuff will give me a headache, literally. That stuff is evil. Just take a shower and wash your clothes regularly and everything will be fine.

There are few social situations worse than being trapped near someone who wears cologne or perfume. The stuff will give me a headache, literally. That stuff is evil. Just take a shower and wash your clothes regularly and everything will be fine.
Agreed, & it's why I won't patronise department stores that entail running the gauntlet of stinky passive solvent abuse.

I'm not a user of male grooming products. That probably shows, but like I give a _______

Reminds me of last October when I took my Mom out for her birthday dinner.
My mom smoked all her life and claims she lost her sense of smell.
She puts on perfume on like it was suntan lotion.
The whole day, I told myself....don't say anything that's not nice, don't say anything that's not nice.
Well the drive to the restaurant was hard. It was raining slightly but I opened the window and stuck my arm out...to try and funnel some fresh air into my nose. My Mom says...are you signaling for a turn? No. Are you hot? No. Well they why is your arm out the window?

Because your perfume is killing me! I'm trying to direct some air in here! I can't breathe!
Well I lost my sense of smell...
I understand Mom, but the rest of us can still smell!

Then I instructed her to use about 1/10th the amount of perfume as she normally does in the future. That she always abuses perfume and it's difficult to be around. A little goes a very long way. One spray and that's it!

I tried to be nice but failed lol.

I agree when it comes to the weird chemical crap they mostly sell. There are a few cologne/perfumes that don't over-do it, and furthermore are a real smell. Some of my favorites smell just faintly of sandalwood, and never give me a headache.

Why they are all so unnatural and intensely strong these days, I don't understand. We're too good with chemistry now, I guess.

I can relate Larryace. Someone gave my 89 year old Mom some Jovan woman's cologne. A spray bottle. She would lament my Dad (deceased) would wear the Jovan musk and she would spritz it in her hair. She must have misted it ten times within my hour visit. The insects were dying in her apartment and I was getting a splitting head ache. I kept telling her she had just sprayed it but she is so deaf it is almost impossible to communicate anymore.

Last week, the we were all kitted up to have a practice jam 30 mins from where our bass guy and I live. I had the whole car packed and he send a message to our chat stating that he will not be able to attend... I just swore to myself and took all my shït anyway.

(turns out he was keen but the wife and family got in the way)

Anyway, the rest of the band went down to the beach and we had a kick arse jam on the beach *without the bassist*! I can't find the pics just now, but I'll try find them..

(I have since written a song about him.
It's also the first song I have ever written)

Back