Random Thoughts II

Here in the US, we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway.

That makes sense, doesn't it?

That's the thinking ;-).
There's thinking behind it? ;)

Of course not, you're American, nothing makes sense ;) ;) ;) In the UK, we walk on the pavement. Last time I did that in Las Vegas, I was arrested for jaywalking. My walking poise isn't exactly graceful, but I don't think I walk like a bird!

On the subject of smoke - just off to suck on a fag ;)

Today, I'm finally getting round to doing a bit of procrastinating. I've been putting it off for ages.

Yes, start your own band. Aren't you working with a keyboard player already?
The keyboard player is busy with his jazz-studies, and in my other band, the vocalist/gitarist is a father with 2 kids so we don't get much practice.
I may have gotten another band, more of a porcupine tree, Opeth, mastodon type of stuff. Time to dust off the old double-pedal again.

The keyboard player is busy with his jazz-studies, and in my other band, the vocalist/gitarist is a father with 2 kids so we don't get much practice.
I may have gotten another band, more of a porcupine tree, Opeth, mastodon type of stuff. Time to dust off the old double-pedal again.
I'm liking the sound of a Porcupine Tree (esque) band. You'd slot right into that perfectly :)

Whoever it was who decided that music videos need advertisements, I want to ask you a question. What kind of festering, groveling, selfish and greedy mind made you even consider such a thing? What sort of venal slime of a human being are you that can hold such cynical contempt for the human race?

Just watched the great Al Foster tear i up with his band. The man is a legend!

In a nation that installs its lightswitches in such a way that
1.) They are upside down and
B.) They only contain around half the proper number of volts (I'm surprised the electricity can muster up the enthusiasm to even cruise around a cicruit, TBH

I think Larry's responsible for this, in which case he has a lot to answer for!

In a nation that installs its lightswitches in such a way that
1.) They are upside down and
B.) They only contain around half the proper number of volts (I'm surprised the electricity can muster up the enthusiasm to even cruise around a cicruit, TBH

I think Larry's responsible for this, in which case he has a lot to answer for!

Ahhh, half the voltage but twice the current, and switches HAVE to be upside-down because our current runs backward! Uncle Larry's only partly to blame - it started with George Westinghouse.

There's thinking behind it? ;)

Of course not, you're American, nothing makes sense ;) ;) ;)
On the subject of smoke - just off to suck on a fag ;)

On the contrary, it makes sense, it's just bass-ackward.

Fags? I gave those up in 1988.

Another imponderable that swirls in my brain...

What about the toilet?

Those south of the equator maintain that the loo flushes opposite those in the northern hemisphere.

Apparently the equator bisects my home, as one commode flushes clockwise and the other counter-clockwise (Or anti-clockwise, depending on your location with respect to the Atlantic ocean. Apparently large bodies of salt water have the ability to change languages as well as toilets!)

What about those living ON the equator - does the bog flush straight down?

Last night it didn't snow in Sydney.

I was very surprised. My son (aged 10 and 3/4) put in some practice time on the drum kit.

Buying a kit for him was what started me playing.

Since then I have:
Upgraded the cymbals
Upgraded the kit
Added cowbell and tambourine to the kit
Added a 10" tom to the kit
Replaced the hi hat stand
Replaced the bass pedal
Swapped out some cymbals and added some new ones.

In between all of that, I think yesterday was the second time he practiced.

I was pretty sure that such a rare event would cause snow, or possibly earthquakes, volcanoes or small animals falling from the sky.

I can't afford to get him to practice a third time.

One the plus side, I'm loving drumming and the kit very quickly ceased to be his kit, was briefly our kit, and is now my kit!

Gus, the electrician, was over to fix the wires in the laundry room, which is just off my music room, and he walked behind the drums and tapped on the snare, and said that it was a great sounding snare drum, and I agreed with him. It sounded tight and clean and full of character, a real musical instrument.

It was a Ludwig Galaxy Acrolite, cost me $125.

Just played a new venue. Sunday afternoon gig (4-6), that's a new thing for me. Gig was bouncing, & I mean really bouncing, & full to capacity. Band killed it, & we got a $200 tip. Wish all gigs were like that one :(

Oh, & just for Larry, gyrating chick count was obscene! :)

Back