Random Thoughts II

done with band audition, everything went good. Nailed the two tunes I practiced and the odd times they threw at me. They're going to test another drummer, but they said I had a good chance. Now, to play the waiting game..

Hear that Nonnie? Your inlet is all plugged up. Gotta unplug your inlet.

Heyyyy!?! You're an electrician, Uncle Larry, not a plumber.

I'll start taking your advice when you can tell me how to wire 4 can lights with 3-way switches, when the power runs switch - lights - switch. ;-)

John

Just wondering if America is the only place where every month has to be some sort of awareness month of is it a worldwide trend.

October in my town is month awareness month.

My clothes washer got slower and slower until it took over 90 minutes to complete a wash cycle. Turns out there's a wire mesh filter at the cold water inlet. Shut off the water supply, removed the hose, popped out the filter and cleaned it (it was almost completely plugged). Washer runs like new.

Maybe you'll be so lucky!?!

Thanks Smoke :) My machine has always been slow but it may be getting slower. Will check out.

Heyyyy!?! You're an electrician, Uncle Larry, not a plumber.

I'll start taking your advice when you can tell me how to wire 4 can lights with 3-way switches, when the power runs switch - lights - switch. ;-)

John

No, I'm not a plumber....but I play one on TV. I also slept at a Holiday Inn Express.

Go to YouTube to learn how to connect 3 way switches. First you have to figure out where your feed wire is. It's either goes to one of the switches first.... or it goes to a light fixture first. If it's a new installation you should know where the feed wire goes first. If you're dealing with existing wiring you have to test it while energized to determine where your feed wire is, (at the switch or at the light) and then you wire accordingly from wherever it is.

It's too lengthy to explain with text. YT will show you how.

I understand the English like to eat mushy peas. Do they put butter on the top like others do with mashed potatoes? Do they have a consistency like masked potatoes or more like stewed lentils with a little bite left in there?

Also, I bought some caviar at the Russian market last week and am excited to share it with the family over chilled vodka. It's actually salmon eggs but it is from Russia and the price was right.

I understand the English like to eat mushy peas. Do they put butter on the top like others do with mashed potatoes? Do they have a consistency like masked potatoes or more like stewed lentils with a little bite left in there?

Also, I bought some caviar at the Russian market last week and am excited to share it with the family over chilled vodka. It's actually salmon eggs but it is from Russia and the price was right.
Russians like it good buttered bread.

Does Australia count? We spell like the British :) When I was young Mum used to give us mashed potato in hard, somewhat dried blobs. She never managed to keep it moist and it was horrible. I do like creamy mashed potato, though, but always assumed it to be more a matter of technique than a cultural difference.

I regularly have fish eggs at the local Sushi Train ... on small seaweed rolls filled with rice.

I'm assuming you mean that they like buttered bread to eat their caviar on. That's actually exactly what the guy at the store told me. I asked about cream and he looked confused. Do they use white bread or rye?

Oops, forgot a word.

My ex is Russian. Never saw her put caviar on rye bread. I'm not sure if the kind of bread is an important component. We made fresh white bread in a machine. That was the best with the awesome butter that we got at the Russian Deli.

I never heard of anybody putting butter on their mushy peas. Consistency-wise, they are somewhere between the two options you state! Maybe it depends whether they're tinned or have been made from dried peas.

Love love LOVE caviar (never had any of the really expensive stuff though, unless the stuff Mr Madge brought home from the Soviet Union as it was in those days was the real McCoy). The salmon eggs pop like blisters! Quite divine.

Andy, sorry for your loss. It sounded like he fought the good fight.

Sorry mate. I knew I'd heard that name before. Hope they bomb ISIS to hell and back.

Back