Random Thoughts II

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for your loss Keep it Simple :(
Thanks, but it's everyone's loss. Of course, I didn't know Alan personally, but I'm touched by his death because it just doesn't make sense on any level, & to me, marks yet another unwelcome milestone in human kind's sink into depravity & unthinkable evil.

jornthedrummer

Silver Member
Thanks, but it's everyone's loss. Of course, I didn't know Alan personally, but I'm touched by his death because it just doesn't make sense on any level, & to me, marks yet another unwelcome milestone in human kind's sink into depravity & unthinkable evil.
Yeah that one is everyones loss -(

Those people are the modern day Adolf Hitlers. Its hard to understand how they can have so many followers.

JimFiore

Silver Member
Its hard to understand how they can have so many followers.
Really? It seems pretty straight forward to me. Feed on people's existing fears and prejudices, and then promise them a future reward if they help in this righteous "cause" of yours. Not only that but it's closer to home than you think. Remember, no one but a cartoon villain thinks they're evil.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

- Hermann Goering at the Nuremberg Trials

Food for thought:
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

- Denis Diderot

Skate

Very sorry, I'm not quite sure who he was, I'm guessing he was on this forum?

Reggae_Mangle

Silver Member
Jeez, read older posts. keepitsimple didn't know Alan Henning personally, but is obviously seething over his being beheaded by those psychopaths in the Middle East for no fault of his own.

I like that Dennis Diderot quote. Really like it.

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
I understand the English like to eat mushy peas. Do they put butter on the top like others do with mashed potatoes? Do they have a consistency like masked potatoes or more like stewed lentils with a little bite left in there?
To add - it tends (or used) to be more of a Northern affectation. My co-worker is from Yorkshire and loves them and it was a big thing when I lived in Lancashire. Down South (or rather, daaaawwnn saaff, it's something I rarely see. I could be absolutely wrong there.

Jellied eels! Now there's a traditional local dish that I cannot even comprehend.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
So who's got it in for Andresdrummer? Every time he puts up a thread in the your playing section, it instantly attracts a 1 star vote :(

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
I'm in a new house finally, well. the house is new to me. No internet or phone yet, but it's nice to be alone again with no roommates.

Thaard

Platinum Member
Didn't get the position in the band I auditioned for. They chose someone they knew more personally.. Wondering if I need to start my own band.

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
If a left handed drummer in the USA faces the South pole, while a right handed drummer in Australia faces the North Pole, will they have matched grip?

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
If a left handed drummer in the USA faces the South pole, while a right handed drummer in Australia faces the North Pole, will they have matched grip?
No, they would have opposing grips. Both thumbs would be on the same side. With matched they are not on the same side. A serious answer to a trippy question.