R.I.P Neil Peart

yammyfan

I'm in utter shock as I write this. The Professor is gone at age 67. Brain cancer.

I'm speechless...

Anduin

Pioneer Member
No. No no no no no no!

He was by far my major influence. Discovered him just after I started playing way back in the 1970s.

My world will never be the same.

RIP Neil.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I am beyond devastated..........

Confirmed by the band themselves

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

well. I am done. No reason to go on. He was pretty much the driving force of my being what I am today...

I knew this was coming, but figured it would be another 10 years.

Hearts out to Lerxt and Bytor, and all of Rush nation!!!

Rough

rhumbagirl

Wow! Neil Peart was my first inspiration as a teenager in the late 70s just getting serious on the drums. I eventually moved on to jazz but always remembered that influential album, "Exit Stage Left". The YYZ transcription I posted I didn't quite figure out until years later, after realizing I had it wrong for a couple of decades. Not grossly wrong, but wrong nonetheless. But the birth of that transcription came from hours rewinding a microcassette recorder on slow speed LOL.

Anyway, I first saw Rush in concert at the Birmingham Civic Center in the late 80s. Then a second and last time at the Portland Moda Center in 2015 for their R40 Tour.

R.I.P. Neil Peart!

DaleClark

This is truly shocking and sad. I've been a huge fan for over 40 years. A year or two back I said a couple of things about Neil on this forum I truly regret now. A true professional. I feel for his wife and Daughter. Plus, I believe both his parents are still living. All that tragedy in the late 90's and now this. Such a sad situation.