R.I.P ☹️

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I had no idea he was on Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman. Just read that Tommy Aldridge makes sure to give Lee credit always when it comes up. Crazy, but that's how it goes. I learn something new every day.

RIP Lee Kerslake. You unknowingly (to me) were very important in helping shape who I am today. Say hi to Randy for us.

johnwesley

Silver Member
Hopefully he enjoyed life prior to diagnosis, and through the treatments. Many of us, myself included, are at an age when we could go at any time.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Man that’s freaky it was just two nights ago my wife and we’re putting a puzzle together and I started busting out singing Uriah Heep- Easy Living, and other hits. Sorry to hear of his loss.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
He had been gravely ill for some time.

His last wish was that Ozzy him to finally give him his platinum albums for Blizzard, and Diary, which Ozzy did last year.

RIP, His playing on those two Ozzy albums is certainly a huge influence.

Poleaux

Damn, I knew he was ill, but it’s still so sad to hear that he has passed. He and Bob Daisley were the unsung heroes of those first two Ozzy albums. I greatly respect him as a drummer – he was pretty hardcore for a guy his age back in the 70s. I still have a hard time playing along with some of those songs he recorded.

RIP Mr. Kerslake… Rock on…

Al Strange

Lee Kerslake’s contribution on those first two Ozzy albums can never be denied; although there was an attempt to do just that! The shameful 2002 reissues which replaced Lee’s original drum parts with new parts by Mike Bordin must go down as one of the most shameful, spiteful acts in rock history. For this reason I found Ozzy’s Facebook message particularly hard to swallow:

"It’s been 39 years since I’ve seen Lee but he lives for ever on the records he played on for me, Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman. Lee Kerslake RIP"

I’m glad that at least Ozzy granted his dying wish in 2019 to finally get platinum disc awards for those albums.

RIP Lee. 👏 😔

johnwesley

Silver Member
Lee Kerslake’s contribution on those first two Ozzy albums can never be denied; although there was an attempt to do just that! The shameful 2002 reissues which replaced Lee’s original drum parts with new parts by Mike Bordin must go down as one of the most shameful, spiteful acts in rock history. For this reason I found Ozzy’s Facebook message particularly hard to swallow:

"It’s been 39 years since I’ve seen Lee but he lives for ever on the records he played on for me, Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman. Lee Kerslake RIP"

I’m glad that at least Ozzy granted his dying wish in 2019 to finally get platinum disc awards for those albums.

RIP Lee. 👏 😔
I
The Ozzy albums re-releases in 2011 (I believe) with LK's drumming back in. Sharon was the one who couldn't stand Lee.

PaisteGuy

I had no idea he was on Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman. Just read that Tommy Aldridge makes sure to give Lee credit always when it comes up. Crazy, but that’s how it goes. I learn something new every day.

RIP Lee Kerslake. You unknowingly (to me) were very important in helping shape who I am today. Say hi to Randy for us.
I see what You did there. 50 seconds in.

specgrade

Lee, Bob and Randy were The Blizzard Of Ozz. When The Osbourne camp removed Lee's drumming and Bob's bass from the first and second albums it was blaspheme at the highest order. Lee is an important part of my drumming, growing up, and I am gut struck hearing of his death. R.I.P. Mr. Kerslake. Lee belongs on Drummer World. Ozzy owes his career to him, Bob and Randy.

P

Peedy

Besides the general sadness that has occurred with his death, I cannot help but to think of how $haron screwed him and did the unthinkable by recording over his parts.
Pretty sure Sharon’s middle name is Richard.

Lee was 73. I remember when I used to think that was a long life.

Pete