Quiet drumming: Flix Sticks vs Lidwish Ultra-Tones vs 7As

Because if they didn't turn out to be what I thought they were, I wouldn't need them and that would would be a waste of $30. Please don't take it as a slam. I am very interested in trying them out. It would just be a lot easier if my local shop stocked them.

We offer a 30 day, money back guaranty, so that gives you a chance to use them and figure out if they do what we say they do. It even states that there is a 30 day money back guaranty. Where is your local shop?

We offer a 30 day, money back guaranty, so that gives you a chance to use them and figure out if they do what we say they do. It even states that there is a 30 day money back guaranty. Where is your local shop?

JD Drum Center
13748 F Street Suite 100
Omaha, NE
(402) 398-9808

I have been using the Tala Wand, I love them, to be more accurate I have been useing the Headhunter version which used mahoganey instea of bamboo. Either way they do an outstanding job, only downside is that they sound so good that I tend to use them with the same force I would use with a stick and that shortens their lifespan considerably, but boy they sound great and have a wonderful bounce. I am now very interested in these Lidwaish, both versions. I guess they are sold exclusively over the internet?

Last edited:
I have been using the Tala Wand, I love them, to be more accurate I have been useing the Headhunter version which used mahoganey instea of bamboo. Either way they do an outstanding job, only downside is that they sound so good that I tend to use them with the same force I would use with a stick and that shortens their lifespan considerably, but boy they sound great and have a wonderful bounce. I am now very interested in these Lidwaish, both versions. I guess they are sold exclusively over the internet?

Yes, and in a few select stores but we have the newest versions online. We're expanding cautiously to dealers. I make it a point to answer customer questions personally, and not every dealer has the same time to devote to that. We make every sale personal and I answer calls myself.

I hope you get the chance to try the lidwish soulutions sticks and kick beater and try for yourself. My number is on the web page if there are questions, and of course our email, facebook and forums.

Lidwish Soulutions

Just received a pair of Ver 2.0's in the mail today. Got 'em for my son that plays like Lars...even in Church/Worship settings. They're for Christmas so, they got put away....but not before dad played with 'em a bit. They feel like a stick, they sound like a stick...a quiet stick...and they appear to be everything they were promised to be.

I gotta email from Lazaro when I ordered, gotta email from Lazaro when they shipped. Shipped the day before Thanksgiving, got here Saturday.....Hawaii to Georgia in 4 days, with a holiday in the middle.

The verdict will have to wait until after Christmas but, I am well pleased with the service, the purchase, and the product so far.

$.02

hey guys, I use a number of models from the flix lines.

I have the jazz, rock, heavy rock( or something like that) basically the red, light and dark blue ones.

They certainly bring the volume down- but it deffinately is not quiet per-se.

They are just a plastic brush, so they still make noise its just not a solid stick sound.

I use them because of their durability- I was destroying those wooden rod things.

These get me a good few months of playing instead of maybe 2-3 gigs with the rods

If anyone wants to order our new ***patented*** drum sticks and kick beater, I have reduced the shipping charge for the sets, (or two or more items) to just $5 USD worldwide for the next two days.

I now have my US Patent and am very happy to finally achieve that. The surf's been good, the weather is great and all is great in my corner of the world.

I have extended our special offer and kept our shipping rates as low as possible for the past month, and now will have to raise the shipping to the normal rates on March 12 - so for right now, if anyone wants to try the Ultra-Tones and our kick beater, on any purchase of $49 USD or more the shipping is still $5 until March 12 - If I could, I would keep the rates this low, but it's financial suicide, (sorta) especially on our international orders.

Aloha!

I would like to hear an A/B comparison of these compared to a 7A or 5A stick without any change in mixer levels. With out having these in my hands to compare, this is the only way of getting the information out to the public. My five star shops never heard of these and until they do, I'll have to compare by Internet listening. It sounds to me as they really don't attenuate the sounds of the drums to any great degree, but they do change the sounds of the drums. Good or bad, who knows until we hear the results in a more scientific manner.

Dennis

I recently bought the classics by lidwish solutions. THEY ARE AMAZING!!! I play drums for a small church in a VERY small room with horrible accustics. They are perfect for it. they have great tone! and you can still get whatever sound you want out of the cymbals. its the best thing ever! I even use for practice in my own home in my basement with concrete walls and a low roof. They are so quiet that i can talk to my 5 year old brother while playing and i can hear him just fine! Im a heavy hitter, but i didnt really have to change much in my technique to get them to be so quiet. really you just gotta make sure you actually hit the TIP of the stick on the drum head to get it to be really quiet. If you hit any other part its a little louder, but still its much louder. and using the cymbals is basically the same as a normal wooden stick, but it feels slightly different. I RECOMMENT THESE STICKS TO ANYONE WHO IS CONSIDERING GETTING A PLEX SHIELD. Because the shields dont reduce noise. It channels it somewhere else. SO GET THESE STICKS EVEN IF YOU DONT NEED THEM, BECAUSE YOU WILL LOVE THEM. Thanks Lazaro!

I'm glad they are working out for you, The sticks and kick beater do a great job in lowering the volume - if you have any questions, I am always available by phone, email or (now) free skype to skype at lidwish

The Lidwish sticks look interesting, I ordered a pair and will report back.

Hey bermuda. Did you get the Lidwish sticks yet? I'm VERY curious to hear how they turned out. I'm even more interested in hearing about the beater. My volume problem is with the bass. I've got it stuffed with pillows and a sock around the beater and it still makes a bang. Mute pad falls off, and the velcro doesn't stay on it. So I need a quiet beater. Would love to hear what you say.

I'm excited to try some of these ultra-tones... Never heard of them before, and I use "hot rods" all the time, but honestly, they had a LOT of downsides. Most shops charge like 20 bucks a pair, and they simply don't last long at all if you're playing them with any intensity at all.

I'm excited to try some of these ultra-tones... Never heard of them before, and I use "hot rods" all the time, but honestly, they had a LOT of downsides. Most shops charge like 20 bucks a pair, and they simply don't last long at all if you're playing them with any intensity at all.

I bought the Ultra-Tones and the beater. I just got my extra piece of foam for the beater from Lazaro today in fact. That's why I'm here looking for a new video he said he did. They do quiet it down quite a bit. I showed the sticks to my teacher who is also a very successful studio drummer and he was quite impressed with the sticks. However, he did tell me to use normal sticks as much as possible and to use these as "backups". This was pertinent to my playing level. He said he'd feel comfortable using them at a gig because his hands are good for it. But for me, since they are bouncy, he doesn't think I should use them unless I have to.

My ultra tones came in today. I am very impressed.

I normally use Vic Firth 7AN.
I have a set of Flix light (blue), flix heavy (orange) both with tips. I also have the tala wands (bamboo and birch).

My favorite of the bundle sticks is the tala wands. The Flix give the drums an unnatural sound. Flix has no rebound at all and just feel like a wet noodle.

The Tala wands sound good but break very easily. When broken the foam center flies around like crazy.

I used the Ultra-tones today side by side the 7AN & both Flix's.

WOW!!!!!!!! The Ultra-tones sound amazing. The toms have the same tone as they do with the 7AN without the volume. They have great rebound so your technique doesn't suffer whatsoever.

if you need quieter rehearsals BUY LIDWISH ULTRA-TONE Version 2.0 sticks.

I will be using these for acoustic sets where the drum volume needs to be low.

Thank you for your review! I love it. You can always write me direct, call or post your questions on my facebook page at quiet drumsticks. The best part of your review is that you tried all the other products designed for more controlled or quieter drum play, and knowing that makes your words have the added weight of experience.

ultra tones
Vic Firth 7AN.
Flix light (blue), flix heavy (orange) both with tips.
tala wands (bamboo and birch).
Hey! Can you do us a favor and shoot a quick video with all above?
So far I'm in love with bamboo tala wands - they are very responsive and durable.

Just posting to say I bought a pair of the Ultra-Tones v and a pair of beaters too, double-muffled, to play in my apartment. Gonna take a while (I live in Brasil), but when they arrive I'll let you guys know my thoughts.

Shark Pit,

Would you be able to post a vid comparing the Classics and Version 2?

Back