Quick opinions

drthemez

So i have this hobby of buying cymbals and drums on CL or pawn shops and re selling them to make a profit. Ive made a decent amount doing this with cymbals.

I came across a chance to get a practically new Mapex Black panther Mayan snare for 190. I was wondering if you all thought i could turn a profit on this? I usually look at completed items on ebay but they have like 2 and one was internation and went for 275 with 25 shipping. Just looking for some thoughts. Here's a pic.

Attachments

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Well, turning a profit would mean you could find a buyer to pay more than you did. I've never seen those drums before, very interesting look. Does it sound good?

LukeSnyder

Gold Member
I can't even guess if you can turn a profit, because I don't know what the street price is, but man, thats a beautiful looking drum!

drthemez

From what ive been researching they were kind of a limited edition type thing, and the only ones i could find were $399 from stores but they were all out of stock. I watched some youtube videos and they sound great. I might take a chance on it, worst case scenario, i got myself another snare! haha

LukeSnyder

Gold Member
From what ive been researching they were kind of a limited edition type thing, and the only ones i could find were $399 from stores but they were all out of stock. I watched some youtube videos and they sound great. I might take a chance on it, worst case scenario, i got myself another snare! haha
Well hey, if its a limited edition deal, you might be able to turn a decent profit. And you may even fall in love with it, you never know! Stranger things have happened ;)

Homeularis

Gold Member
Thats an absolutely beautiful looking snare and Mapex BP snares are the s_ _t.
A pure guess for me (because I'm clueless as to the market value for that particular snare) would be that you might be able to make a hundie off of it.
And like you said, worst case, you got one heck of a BA snare.

If it was 13x7 I would be salivating and maybe offering you $300 myself.

Keep in mind that the new M-BP snares have been re designed. they have new gothic lugs, new improved throws and hybrid hoops.

drthemez

Hmmm i guess i need to read correctly, all the ones i saw on google were 14x 5.5 so i assumed, but the one for sale is 13x5.5 which would probably cut my profit a little bit.... decisions haha

Homeularis

Gold Member
Hmmm i guess i need to read correctly, all the ones i saw on google were 14x 5.5 so i assumed, but the one for sale is 13x5.5 which would probably cut my profit a little bit.... decisions haha
Yeah, it would cut your profit and cause you too much stress.
I say you tell me where to find it and I'll pick it up.
LOL...But I'm serious, so let me score that baby.