Questions to ask famous drummers

It depends on the drummer, it would probably be a question about a particular song or band he/she's played with. Otherwise, I'm more likely to ask how they're doing, if they're working on something new, or if it's at NAMM, did they have a good trip and are they enjoying the show. Or simply that I admire their playing. They hear that all the time, but sometimes that's all I've got. Where I know the drummer's wife or kids' names, I'll ask how they're doing. Just normal chitchat, we're all just people. There are probably only a few guys on such a pedestal that I'd be stuck for words.

Bermuda

here I'll give you all an example :)

hey Jon
glad to see you are well

I saw that there are no Al tour dates until April...is there a new record in the works?

....any new kits in the Luddy collection?

....ever spend much time back in Phoenix?

I've enjoyed your work for years

have an awesome day

All good stuff, thanks for asking! :)

Some good questions!

One thing I always think is (and that goes for famous people in general, especially if
they appear on any screen): I "know" certain people quite well, maybe I see them every
day, maybe I've read many thing about or from them, but they actually never seen me.
So it's kind of a weird situation - you may meet a very familiar guy, whom you are not
familiar at all to though (was that correct grammatically ????).

Some good questions!

One thing I always think is (and that goes for famous people in general, especially if
they appear on any screen): I "know" certain people quite well, maybe I see them every
day, maybe I've read many thing about or from them, but they actually never seen me.
So it's kind of a weird situation - you may meet a very familiar guy, whom you are not
familiar at all to though (was that correct grammatically ????).

I know exactly what you mean. I was with on a shopping trip to Best Buy one day, and my wife [ex-wife] and I are standing in line. I notice a redheaded woman and I said, "there's that woman....from the...bank?" and my wife looks over and goes, "no, that's Julianne Moore."

I had this problem a few weeks ago. Katatonia was in town on a multi band bill.

I decided I wasn't so interested in seeing the last band, so I walked out of the venue, and there is the drummer from Katatonia standing next to the tour bus. I'm there in my Katatonia t-shirt, having just walked out on an another band, so I realized there was no way to say anything without coming off like a fan boy. And I couldn't think of anything too intelligent to ask drummer to drummer, so I just walked on by.

I feel kind of dumb, given he's from Sweeden and finding him in L.A. is pretty rare, so it's not like I can just say "next time", but I really didn't have any questions. Maybe if I had a better phone camera, I would have snapped a picture, but I don't.

Bonzo: The hi-hat on Custard Pie....that's a dub, right ?

Put yourself in their shoes...

...you have been working hard...junkets left and right...you have showed interest in so many people you can barely recall that you cant tell anymore if its fake or real....and all you want is to get home and be ignored by the people you love.

...I say leave 'em alone...and be aware that you already know more about them via the music they play then you will ever get in a 15 minute conversation.

..maybe say hello and see if they engage...seems the most respectful.

Back