Question for Zildjian experts

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
The labeling is from the late 70s-80s. I think in the 90s is when they added the 'Avedis' part. No worries though. If it was before the mid-70s, you wouldn't have seen any ink at all. Kinda' miss those days when the only logo was on your bass drum!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Doubt they're 30 years old. I have Zildjian cymbals from the 90's that don't have the 'Avedis' as part of the logos.
It's not just the "Avedis" part that defines the age. The type of lettering on those is similar to the lettering used on all models up until the '90s or so, when they went with a slightly stylized font denoting what type of cymbal it is. My Quick Beats from the '80s have that kind of lettering, but the cymbals I bought in the '90s have the stylized font that they've been using ever since. I'll post a picture later.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
The labeling is from the late 70s-80s. I think in the 90s is when they added the 'Avedis' part. No worries though. If it was before the mid-70s, you wouldn't have seen any ink at all. Kinda' miss those days when the only logo was on your bass drum!
I believe it was the mid-late 90's when they changed the logo.

The hats in the pic look late 80's to mid-90's to me.

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
I believe it was the mid-late 90's when they changed the logo.

The hats in the pic look late 80's to mid-90's to me.
That was my take. The labeling on those hats looks very consistent with a few cymbals that I've owned from that era.....including my New Beats (although mine are a hell of a lot dirtier than that pair).