Question About 20" vs 22" Bass Drum

mikyok

Platinum Member
What does them playing loud have to do with keeping time? The guy in my band have great time actually and we are very locked in. We also listen to each other and play very tight. It's just too loud usually and I have to hit harder. At gigs I am always mic'd so it isn't an issue. I usually mic my kick at jam too.

I also have asked them to turn down on multiple occasions and it has worked out great.

I was just explaining to OP that if volume is his issue that is a way to get around it. and how loud bands can cause you to change how you play.
Easy dude, don't take it personal, I was referring to the OP saying things don't feel as locked in as he can't hear them. Your quote added to what I said.

beyondbetrayal

Platinum Member
Easy dude, don't take it personal, I was referring to the OP saying things don't feel as locked in as he can't hear them. Your quote added to what I said.
Its all good.

You quoted my post and said "Luckily it's not a problem I have to deal with. You can lock into any size bass drum. Sounds like you have band members that can't keep time and/or don't listen to what each other is playing "

Couldn't tell you were writing to OP lol.

The rest of your post was on point with what I was saying. I fully agree the volume difference between a 20 and 22 is minimal and won't make anyone tighter. Although owning both, when playing solo the 22 has some low end that is very enjoyable. If anything the 20 will add some punch to make it easier to lock in with the band.