Queen Elizabeth II Dies at the age of 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blk Diamond

As a citizen of the United States, I just wanted to send our deepest condolences to the Royal Family, and to all of our brothers and sisters of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.

An unprecedented reign by any monarch throughout history, and truly and end of an era.

bud7h4

Silver Member
lead%20image%20-%20KB%20M-4.jpg

a97b520bdebe4c31bb630831c9944686

Juniper

Gold Member
Obviously many suspected it was coming one day soon but still a huge shock all the same.

I happened to be driving when the news broke, the music stopped (Dreams by Fleetwood Mac) and the radio station suddenly switched to the announcement and then coverage.

Will remember that for a long time, and the Motorway about an hour after (Westbound M4) was quite quiet for once, hardly saw anyone hogging the middle or fast lanes. It felt a very somber drive. I guess lots on the road were busy processing the news.

Upon arriving home I nipped over to see my mum this evening (as she's a bit of a royalist) for some tea and a natter and to check she was ok and she showed me the bible that children were given on the queens coronation - which was the year of my mums birth - Engraved with 'ER' to mark it.

It'll take some getting used to having a King when many of us have only known having a Queen.

A life very well lived, that's for sure and a sad day for many which will take time to sink in.

Last edited:

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
The one thing that always impressed me about the Queen is that she always seemed to keep her composure, and was always very humble. I cant remember even once hearing about any kind of scandal or negativity involving the Queen.

A long time ago she said something along the lines of "no matter if I live a long time or short, I dedicate my life to service of England." Or something like that. I dont think she lied to anyone.

That top picture is so cool.

TJK

The one thing that always impressed me about the Queen is that she always seemed to keep her composure, and was always very humble. I cant remember even once hearing about any kind of scandal or negativity involving the Queen.

A long time ago she said something along the lines of "no matter if I live a long time or short, I dedicate my life to service of England." Or something like that. I dont think she lied to anyone.

That top picture is so cool.
Yup, I saw a picture of her changing a tire back in ww2. Can’t imagine any of her sons doing that.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
wow....very much in shock and sadness. One more loss of a touch to something that the world will never experience again.

like @cbphoto said, it is hard to think of my life without her ruling England.

peace to our people across The Pond!!

Status
Not open for further replies.