PVC Pipe Instrument

That is so cool. Love the sound. Looks a little like the piping I ran for my hot tub! LOL

Very nice and if you ever have any plumbing problems you won't have to make a trip to the hardware store.

Woaa...

That's officially the coolest thing I've ever seen. I loved the Mario theme. I can't imagine how long it must have taken to get the pitch of each tube worked out.

Thanks everyone! Yeah it took a while to build. For tuning, I actually used an app (Cleartune) on my iPhone. If the pipe was flat, I cut some off...if it was sharp I added pipe. Really not too hard -- just time consuming!

My next addition to it is to have a 5 gallon bucket behind me with a bass drum pedal attached. I will use my heel to "backwards pedal" a bass beat while I play the pipes. Crazy? Indeed.

Seriously awesome :D I want one... now.

Did you follow some plans to build this or did you just do it yourself?

Dude, if you could post a DIY for this instrument, that would frickin' awesome.

I've always wanted to make one myself, and it's such a cool voice, too. I wanted to make one for my high school just to see if my director could come up with a use for it!

Wonder if they make 14" wide PVC pipe...
Great minds think alike. ;)
I want to go the cement tube instead as it's pretty much the same thing. There are a couple videos on YouTube of a guy building a snare with one of those cement tubes. Sounded like a firecracker!

Woaa...Nice pipe. The coolest thing I've ever seen. Can be the best choice for those who do not have a lot of space to install a nonportable one. Guys, do you have a hot tub? Please suggest me a less expensive model of intex purespa in Canada. What is the best option? There are 4 different models if I am not mistaken, so I need to choose the best.

Last edited:
Back