"Punk" on EPiX

Icetech

Gold Member
Just wanted to mention this for any old punk fans or new i guess.. 3 episodes out so far and is easily the best punk documentary i have seen.. starts back with the MC5 and Stooges and works up from there.. interviews with a lot of big names and great footage..

Mustion

I've been seeing ads for this in the train stations and wondering how good it is. I see that it's co-produced by John Varvatos whose high fashion designer clothing store occupies what was once CBGB, so perhaps he financed the documentary out of repentance?*

*To be fair, if he hadn't bought CBGB, it probably would have been torn down and replaced by Bowery chic condos. And he did do a commendable job keeping much of the place and its ambiance intact around his wares

Icetech

Gold Member
I've been seeing ads for this in the train stations and wondering how good it is. I see that it's co-produced by John Varvatos whose high fashion designer clothing store occupies what was once CBGB, so perhaps he financed the documentary out of repentance?*

*To be fair, if he hadn't bought CBGB, it probably would have been torn down and replaced by Bowery chic condos. And he did do a commendable job keeping much of the place and its ambiance intact around his wares

I am just glad they did it decently.. have only ever seen one other good punk documentary which covered more of the UK scene..

In the third ep of this one they show video of Harley from the cro-mags playing drums in a punk band at 12 at CBGBs